Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Kaycee School is an above average, public school located in Kaycee, WY. It has 142 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-10 Students
- B-7 Students
- B-6 Students
- B5 Students
- B+3 Students
- C+3 Students
- B-3 Students
- C+2 Students
- C+2 Students
- B-2 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Kaycee School Reviews
Kaycee school is a family much like the people around it. The teaching staff is great to be around and take the time to get to know their students. The small class sizes allows each student to have one on one help with the teachers when they need it. Teachers want to see their students pass and will take time out of their lives to help ensure it.
Student involvement is huge in our school. There is almost a 100% participation in at least one or more sports by each student. This is a small community and there is not much to do and sports everyone understands here. Teams are in the ranking in each sport represented in our community. Fan support is good if you consider the number of people sitting in the stands. We have even had people coming to watch our 6Man Football team practice. School spirit is a whole different ball game. Our students, teachers, parents, and sports goers are not at all active in encouraging players, refs, or coaches. Our facilities have been improved upon in the last few years, but not due to the funding provided by our School District. It has all come from outside sources. Fitness programs are pretty good and teachers look for innovative ways to get student participation, but is not always readily accepted. Last, You are accepted wholeheartedly if you are "good" at what you do. Everyone else is tolerated.
I have not had many really great and memorable experiences at this school, but I appreciate the fact that the population of this school is small and we have a certain relationship with each other that not many people have. Everyone talks to everyone even if they don't run in the same circle of close friends. I also appreciate the help that most of the teachers give to students who are willing to try. Of course there are those teachers that pick out their favorites and cater to them and other teachers who pick out their "pet" project and only cater to them. Overall, I am satisfied with my "school" experience, but wish that "academically" speaking we had more advancement opportunities. Examples of the opportunity would be: online classes, variety of electives, and extra curricular activities- maybe speech and debate.