Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Kauai High School is an above average, public school located in Lihue, HI. It has 1,154 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Kauai High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B172 Students
- B104 Students
- A87 Students
- B79 Students
- A-67 Students
- A-66 Students
- A+66 Students
- B-65 Students
- A+64 Students
- A58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 74 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Kauai High School Reviews
My experience at Kauai High School was created not by the education that was provided, but instead the experience i chose to have. There were not much opportunities to succeed, so I personally succeeded by making the most of it for myself. I enjoyed experiencing high school with my friends through clubs or school activities. However, I would like to see a change in educational opportunities like more running start classes. And also better preparation for college level courses.
Over my three, almost four years here. There has been many good things and bad things about this school. I’d like to start off with the transition with principles and the amount of effort the second principle has done to change around the school vs the principal who was there before I came. Though I believe with the amount of funding our school gets, there could be more renovations done, especially now that we students are taking school over online.
Kauai High was an interesting experiencing. Through that school I made friendships that will last a life time, and expanded my horizons, interests, and athletic career further than I was expecting when starting high school. Many of the teachers are fantastic and very engaging, while others make you wish 10- year did not exists. A similar story goes for the administration. Time and time again the administration would make decisions that are not in the best interest of the students. All to often it seemed that it was the teachers and students VS the administration.