Karns High School is an above average, public school located in Knoxville, TN. It has 1,221 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 61% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Karns High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-192 Students
- B-91 Students
- C+75 Students
- B58 Students
- A+52 Students
- B-44 Students
- C+35 Students
- B35 Students
- B32 Students
- B27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Karns High School Reviews
Karns High School is a top-notch close community! I have had the pleasure of moving from private schools to the Karns Community! The administration and teachers are incredible human beings! They care about your education but more specifically care about you as a person! They have a wide variety of sports, activities, clubs, and organization! There is always something amazing happening Karns.The Staff is absolutely incredible, especially the Counseling Office. I have been able to be apart of the Karns Chorus and Theatre for 4 years, and it has been an absolute pleasure. Coming from private schools that don't have great music programs has made my Karns experience an absolute joy, but more than anything the principals want to see you walk across that graduation stage! I would recommend Karns High School for any student who wants to gain great education, gain strong friendships for life, and gain an incredible academic and athletic experience!
I was pleased with my high school experience. The atmosphere of this school is great. The teachers are nice and the counselors are amazing! I would change the awful prison sounding bell that rings at class change. Overall, good school.
Karns High School is definitely one of the best high schools in the county. The Karns community is like a family, and that bond is present in all Karns schools. The teachers are so helpful and inspiring; they never give up on any student. They are the reason why I loved high school so much. They make sure that students are well prepared for whatever the future has in store for them. The only thing I would complain about is the communication between staff and students. There were many times when a meeting was scheduled or an important deadline was approaching, and students would have no idea about it until the day of or the day before.