Karl G. Maeser Preparatory Academy Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+101 Students
- A-75 Students
- B-72 Students
- B+71 Students
- B22 Students
- B21 Students
- B-19 Students
- B17 Students
- B-17 Students
- A+17 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
Karl G. Maeser Preparatory Academy Reviews
Review Karl G. Maeser Preparatory Academy
Karl G. Maeser Preparatory Academy is different. The learning environment--although intense and difficult--is like nothing else. At Maeser, academics are taken how they should be: seriously. Teachers are attentive and caring, but also willing to push you to your limits. I am have grown tremendously since I began my Maeser experience. I have siblings that attend as well and they have improved their study skill, grades, and zest for education. It is truly a great school.
Karl G. Maeser Preparatory Academy is a smaller charter school for students in the 7-12 grade. Maeser Prep is a whole culture that is about giving your heart and soul to something that is truly meaningful. Thier Board, Administration, Faculty, and Staff love what they do and are dedicated to provide a quality college-preparatory education that will “empower and inspire students to think critically, learn continually, and communicate effectively through use of the Socratic method to better themselves and their community.” I have been given many opportunities to learn how to learn about the world and many aspects of it. The students are kind and include everyone.
Students at Maeser aren't just high school students. Students at Maeser are encouraged to think deeply and use the Socratic Method as they make decisions and discuss things with people throughout their lives. Students at Maeser are part of something bigger. Students at Maeser participate in extra curricular and community programs ranging from sports to helping stop human trafficking. Maeser Prep is a place where we not only learn but develop relationships that will last far longer than high school. Maeser is a place where we learn that the values of Truth, Honor and Virtue will help us throughout our lives. Maeser is a place where teachers care about their students and have a strong desire to help their students learn knowledge. Maeser is a place where you learn to prepare to go to college. Maeser is a place where you feel like you belong and Maeser is a place where everyone is loved.