Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Kaneland Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Maple Park, IL. It has 1,300 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Kaneland Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-163 Students
- B-136 Students
- B+124 Students
- A+119 Students
- A+89 Students
- C+78 Students
- B+77 Students
- A77 Students
- A-69 Students
- A+62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 66 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like Kaneland Senior High School
- B+Yorkville High School
- Yorkville Community Unit School District No. 115, IL
- 275 reviews
- ACentral High School
- Central Community Unit School District No. 301, IL
- 162 reviews
- CEast Aurora High School
- East Aurora School District 131, IL
- 196 reviews
- A-Sycamore High School
- Sycamore Community Unit School District No. 427, IL
- 137 reviews
Kaneland Senior High School Reviews
I feel that the school’s end of “school” is great. The staff, the teachers, the programs, it’s all great! The students themselves are issues, but I’m sure that’s widespread. Certain teachers, two of which I’ll name, a Mr. Ponz and Mr. Conroy, are some of the best teachers I’ve ever had the privilege to learn from. Kaneland even having these two teachers puts them above the rest, however the majority of the teachers do truly care about their students. That matters, and that sets Kaneland apart from the rest.
Most of the teachers at Kaneland truly cared about their students’ wellbeing and learning experience. Having said that, the administration at Kaneland simply could not care less about their students. Money was never spent in an attempt to make students more comfortable or improve their learning. The COVID-19 virus was by no means Kaneland’s fault. However, their response was bafflingly uncaring. Graduating seniors were forgotten and left behind. To be frank, Kaneland Senior High School was just good enough to get my GED and move on to college. I credit them with being the platform with which I accomplished things throughout my high school career, but they were not the reason.
I have enjoyed my time at Kaneland Highschool. The school is very old and honestly falling apart. I was in band, soccer, and lacrosse, these programs were great! The food at the school is probably like most schools, not very good. Most of the teachers and staff are average and don't go above and beyond. Overall I would classify my school as average.