Kamiak High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mukilteo, WA. It has 2,100 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Kamiak High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+420 Students
- B+224 Students
- A-206 Students
- B+118 Students
- A-88 Students
- B87 Students
- A+83 Students
- A+83 Students
- A-81 Students
- B79 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 108 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.70 responses
Schools like Kamiak High School
- A-Henry M. Jackson High School
- Everett School District, WA
- 475 reviews
- ABallard High School
- Seattle Public Schools, WA
- 215 reviews
- AWoodinville High School
- Northshore School District, WA
- 272 reviews
- A+Redmond High School
- Lake Washington School District, WA
- 354 reviews
Kamiak High School Reviews
Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Kamiak High School. The teachers truly care about the well-being of their students both academically and emotionally. Whatever it is that you are passionate about, Kamiak offers ways for you to explore it with everything from varsity sports teams that consistently make it to state to debate team to pre-med club. The performing arts program is one of the best in the Northwest, and getting involved in it has been one of the best decisions of my life. As I move on to college next fall, I am beyond excited for my little brother to be a freshman at Kamiak High School!
I have had a quite positive experience at Kamiak High School. I have made many friends because people are so friendly at this school. I have had some remarkable teachers, and I love the variety of classes offered. Teachers are very helpful in giving detailed lessons and allowing after-school help when needed. We have many opportunities such as applying for credits that are not only high school, but college credit as well. I feel the diversity is pretty decent too, except there were not a ton of African American students like me. The amount of clubs offered is amazing. I love the variety of culture, technology, environment, and education based clubs. The sports programs here are pretty good as well. There is a lot of team spirit at Kamiak. Music and the arts also play a large role in Kamiak's culture as well. We have a very active ASB and we have many events and fundraisers appointed by them every year.
Kamiak High School, with its grand buildings and outstanding academics, has nestled in a special place in my heart. Although I'm only a sophomore, I have been extremely impressed with both the richness of our academic courses and our stellar music program. I, personally, am not an athlete, but I always find our winning sports teams interesting to watch. However, if I could change one thing about Kamiak, it would be the amount of classes they offer. Don't get me wrong, Kamiak's curriculum guide is quite long and extensive, but I wish they would implement more honors classes to bridge the gap between AP and regular classes. All in all, Kamiak is a wonderful school and I'm proud to be a knight.