grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B+
Kalama Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Kalama, WA. It has 255 students in grades 6-8 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Kalama Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Schools like Kalama Junior/Senior High School
- grade B+Mark Morris High School
- Longview School District, WA
- Rating 3.53 out of 5 77 reviews
- grade CRainier Junior/Senior High School
- Rainier School District, OR
- Rating 3.2 out of 5 74 reviews
- grade B minusKelso High School
- Kelso School District, WA
- Rating 3.41 out of 5 229 reviews
- grade B minusSt. Helens High School
- St. Helens School District, OR
- Rating 3.04 out of 5 157 reviews
Kalama Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.38 out of 5 80 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
It is a remarkably effective and well-developed school, in relation to its size and location. The academic programmes are thorough and relevant, and there are many advanced courses available to those who desire a more rigourous course load. However, there is a lack of racial and social diversity, due to its more isolated environment. To the end of resolving that, the administration has proven immensely sympathetic and cooperative, creating a Student Advisory Council to ensure that the opinions and perspectives of all students are accorded due consideration.
I have to say the major highlight to my time in Kalama High school was the kind of relationship the school has with the community due to Kalama being such a small community as it is this helps build a relationship through an assortment of volunteering work for citizens and students. Not only that but there is deep history for this town and everyone in it where teachers and their grandparents were students at this school and this school is just a historical monument to many generations. But this school has plenty of room to improve though cause our school lacks a lot of opportunities that other high schools have and what needs to change is the courses available because us students lack the knowledge on how to handle the business world when it comes to life skills, balancing budgets, or paying for taxes our generation is becoming less knowledgeable and that needs to change.
The teachers at my HIgh School are outgoing and trustworthy, they take the extra time to get students of all different skill levels the help that they may need. Teachers at my school are positive and clear while teaching. They take the time to allow students to ask questions about anything that they don't fully understand.