Juniata Valley Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Alexandria, PA. It has 365 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Juniata Valley Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+25 Students
- A-13 Students
- B13 Students
- C11 Students
- A+9 Students
- A9 Students
- A+8 Students
- B-8 Students
- C+8 Students
- C+7 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Juniata Valley Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Juniata Valley Junior/Senior High School
- B+Tyrone Area High School
- Tyrone Area School District, PA
- 73 reviews
- CWilliamsburg Community Junior/Senior High School
- Williamsburg Community School District, PA
- 22 reviews
- C+Huntingdon Area Senior High School
- Huntingdon Area School District, PA
- 124 reviews
- C+Mount Union Area Senior High School
- Mount Union Area School District, PA
- 47 reviews
Juniata Valley Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Juniata Valley High School is a very safe, small school environment. I have never felt unsafe at school or in the area I live. However, the culture here is very different. Most people are conservative, close-minded, and socially discriminating. It's very easy to feel alone if you are actually interesting in leaving your hometown. There is a very close community feel, but if you're not into having everyone know everything about you and your entire bloodline, it's not the place for you. There are very little resources for AP students or those wanting to go college out of state. I will say that the English department here is amazing. I have loved every English teacher I have had at JV. The sports culture is good, but some sports receive all the funding and attention, while others get little to none. I would love to see a drama club or more options.
Juniata Valley has taught me to be considerate, hard working, and helping. They give students chances to be independent inside and outside of school. Teachers treat us like adults and prepare us for the next step or steps in our lives. The community around Alexandria is so welcoming and supportive. They support the school, the sports, and students. There are many opportunities to get involved and be heard, which is one of my favorite things about Juniata Valley.
Great environment and nice teachers. The food for lunch is not bad, but, the portions are very small. Most of the teachers are very nice and understanding.