Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Juniata Senior High School is a public school located in Mifflintown, PA. It has 579 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Juniata Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+45 Students
- B34 Students
- C+27 Students
- B-25 Students
- C+22 Students
- B20 Students
- B18 Students
- A18 Students
- B17 Students
- B-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Juniata Senior High School
- CEast Juniata Junior/Senior High School
- Juniata County School District, PA
- 54 reviews
- B-Mifflin County High School
- Mifflin County School District, PA
- 65 reviews
- BNewport High School
- Newport School District, PA
- 83 reviews
- B+Greenwood High School
- Greenwood School District, PA
- 38 reviews
Juniata Senior High School Reviews
Juniata High School is, in and of itself, an average Central Pennsylvanian school. The funding is not nearly enough to cover the expenses of maintaining good facilities, food, or proper safety precautions. The teachers, to the best of their efforts, try their best, but there are simply not enough of them to teach the students at the students’ individual levels. There are numerous clubs available, but with uncooperative teacher-advisors, the students mostly depend on each other. This builds a strong student body, which is what truly makes JHS great. We all bond with each other over the downfalls of our rural school, and we become closer, lifelong friends because of it.
Juniata can be a great place if you make it to be. There are teachers that are willing to help you along the way, and others who mainly let you fend for yourself. Gradually, more classes and sports have been added, but it’s simply not enough when you compare us to EJ or Mifflin County, or any other area school. Our clubs do what they can, but simply don’t receive nearly enough help in funding that they need. Our athletics are very competitive and our athletes always go and do their best for JHS. I wish our school had more dual-enrollment courses so you could get ahead in college readiness. Also, make more classes available to underclassmen versus being senior-only. This can hold up many people on graduation requirements, whereas they could fulfill them earlier.
The environment is quite an exciting one, the teachers, even more friendly, they make us feel like we're friends, and we can tell them almost anything. They relate with us on a personal level, and can easily understand us, and tell when something's not right. We become part of each other's lives...