Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Jordan High School is an above average, public school located in Sandy, UT. It has 1,964 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Jordan High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A558 Students
- B+387 Students
- B-351 Students
- C+278 Students
- A+237 Students
- B203 Students
- B-163 Students
- B+159 Students
- C+152 Students
- B-113 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.41 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 139 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Jordan High School Reviews
One of the most notable things about Jordan High is the value placed on the diverse student body. As a student at Jordan High, I have been able to learn from a variety of people from a number of different cultures. We celebrate diversity through our "Dig Diversity" initiative as well as our annual multicultural assembly. Furthermore, Jordan High has the best teachers. Each and every teacher cares about the well-being of their student and will go above and beyond to ensure their success. Jordan High really is a close-knit community where everyone is given opportunities to succeed. All students are supportive of one another, and the school becomes a family. Not to mention that we have the best mascot: The Beetdiggers! However, if I were to improve one thing, it would be the number of students turning out to events. In order to establish a close community that feels like home, more students need to come to school-sponsored events, whether that be football games or the musical.
At Jordan High School there are teenagers that put themselves into groups. There are popular groups aren't popular groups and weird groups, things like that. Jordan is a place that everyone can feel welcome to become friends with anybody. Jordan is diverse, and focuses on how we can grow to become good adults and great learners. Our teachers go out of their way to help us take our education a level higher. And you will always get recognized for your good behavior and great academics. Jordan is a place where you want to be everyday, and the helpful teachers and staff help us along the way. Having teachers being there for us before and after school for extra help is always a bonus!
Jordan High School is the very best! I am a Student Body Officer this school year so I have had the opportunity to work closely with the faculty, administration, and students very closely, all of whom make excellent contributions to the social and academic environment at Jordan High School. There is a strong and beautiful diversity, bringing in many cultures, languages, and traditions to the atmosphere of the school.