Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Joplin High School is a public school located in Joplin, MO. It has 2,143 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 48% in reading.
Joplin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C471 Students
- B321 Students
- A-208 Students
- A-199 Students
- B-160 Students
- B+143 Students
- B+130 Students
- B77 Students
- A72 Students
- A-71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 99 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.52 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.48 responses
Schools like Joplin High School
- BNeosho High School
- Neosho School District, MO
- 106 reviews
- BSeneca High School
- Seneca R-VII School District, MO
- 74 reviews
- B+Carthage High School
- Carthage R-IX School District, MO
- 105 reviews
- B-Baxter Springs High School
- Baxter Springs Unified School District, KS
- 37 reviews
Joplin High School Reviews
When I moved to Joplin back in December of 2019, I didn't know what to expect when I was going to start the second half of my junior year at Joplin High School. The one word that I can describe what I felt on my first day that I started at this school is "wow". I had never seen a more diverse school with so much acceptance in my entire life. There were so many welcoming and outgoing people that instantly made me feel at home with my new environment. I majorly improved with my academics and felt more "myself" at this school. I have told all of my friends back at my old school that Joplin is the place to be where they can be themselves and not be judged whatsoever. I am so glad that my mom moved us to Joplin because if I never would started at this school, my mental health would still be bad and I would not be that happy. I love the environment that this school has to offer!
Despite the chaotic lunch line and the plethora of exhausting staircases, Joplin High is a pleasant institution. The campus is nice, thanks to a semi-recent rebuild, and the teachers are eager to offer individual help to students. A fair number of AP and dual credit courses are offered, granting students the opportunity to achieve a weighted GPA whilst earning college credit. There are a plenty of clubs offered, as well as fine arts experiences. The most recent leadership is fantastic, especially in the face of the pandemic.
I went to Catholic school pretty much my whole life. I switched in 7th grade to the Joplin school district to pursue my passion: theatre. When I got to high school I joined the International Thespian Society and Show Choir and really found where I belonged. Not only did I make great friends, the school has supported me in all of my choices. The counselors have helped me in my college search and I have confided in many different teachers to be my support system. I've had a great four years as an Eagle and I'm so pleased with my experience!