Jonesville High School is a public school located in Jonesville, MI. It has 422 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Jonesville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C-55 Students
- A38 Students
- B+38 Students
- B31 Students
- B31 Students
- B+30 Students
- B-26 Students
- A+25 Students
- B21 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Jonesville High School
- C+Concord High School
- Concord Community Schools, MI
- 55 reviews
- C+Addison Junior/Senior High School
- Addison Community Schools, MI
- 42 reviews
- B-Homer Community High School
- Homer Community School District, MI
- 35 reviews
- C+Pittsford Area High School
- Pittsford Area Schools, MI
- 32 reviews
Jonesville High School Reviews
I really like the music, art and sports programs at this school. I also like how all the students are responsible, kind, and have a lot of school spirit. However I would like the school to spend more money on sports other than football, teach the students to be more supportive of each other, and the teachers to help the students show more respect towards their elders. Their concert band, symphony band, and marching band is AMAZING! Although the teacher needs to learn how to not take her frustrations outside of the job on her students because that won't get them anywhere.
While I personally had no issues, I did have a few friends that were bullied while attending. They told me that they reported it numerous times, but the faculty did nothing to help.
While attending the high school, I really enjoyed my time, I was able to be involved in several extracurricular activities as well as work outside of school, and the teachers tend to be understanding and will work with students should they need to. Now that I am in college, I feel like the school managed to prepare me for the transition and the accounting class I took helped prepare me for life as well.