Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Jones Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Trenton, NC. It has 310 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Jones Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B62 Students
- B42 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+37 Students
- B-32 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-25 Students
- B-25 Students
- B24 Students
- A-23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Jones Senior High School
Jones Senior High School Reviews
Jones Senior High School is, in my opinion, the best school around. The faculty there cares about each individual child's academic plan and uses every opportunity possible to make sure all questions are answered. Jones County has also been recognized for the top graduation rate in North Carolina. Everybody knows everybody in this close community high school, and we wouldn't want it any other way!
Jones Senior High is a very good high school Especially for a small town in NC! With is contract with Lenoir Community College students like me are able to earn an Associates degree while in school. I graduated June 2018 and miss it greatly! I would recommend students to join clubs and be involved because the opportunity is definitely there. I would hope that as the years go on JSH will get more sport options for students: male volley ball, soccer, swimming etc.
I like how my school is small and rural. I know everyone at my school and I enjoy that. I also think that Jone Senior High School has one of the best college programs around. The students here are able to take college courses while still obtaining a high school degree. I will actually have my Associate in Science degree at Lenoir Community College before I graduate high school!