Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Jones County High School is an above average, public school located in Gray, GA. It has 1,548 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Jones County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+238 Students
- B+220 Students
- B189 Students
- C+168 Students
- B164 Students
- B+153 Students
- B133 Students
- C+83 Students
- NG83 Students
- C77 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 79 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Jones County High School Reviews
Teachers are the most important part of any student's educational career. At Jones County High School, as well as other schools around the country I am sure, teachers are being treated like children and made to conform to a standardized teaching method. While I can see why this may benefit some students, this is a detriment to many students educational careers. Furthermore, the standards for being accepted into higher level and "college-level" classes are so low. This allows for those who just want free college credit to bring down the academic rigor and thus the higher-level students are at a disservice. While I had many issues with how Jones County High School was ran, I was taught by some of the most compassionate and devoted teachers I have ever been taught by. These few exceptional teachers, some of whom are leaving because of the hoops they must jump through, are what made my high school experience worth something. Overall, JCHS is an average institution with a few flaws.
Jones County High school has taught me many things from friendships to time management. They have college classes you can enroll in ( dual enrollment) .Everyone is friendly and the teachers are very helpful and they want you to try your best to pass their class .There are a few clubs you can join such as: Drama Club, Beta Club, Prom Committee, and more!
School is well managed and well kept up. Teachers are for the most part kind and very informative. Courses are often challenging and engaging, students learn quite a bit from the both teachers and standards. School spirit and moral is actually quite high as most of the students and staff regularly participate in extracurricular activities and/or school sports teams. School resources are a bit lax as many departments don't have enough funds to supply students and staff with necessary technology to extend learning to the best it can be; however there are computer labs ready and able to aide both students and staff in their academic and teaching capabilities. Our school library is also equipped with many computers and books available to all students and staff. Our school is a safe and comforting environment with many opportunities for students to grow, learn, and succeed. It is one of the best in the school system!