Johnstown High School is a public school located in Johnstown, OH. It has 456 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Johnstown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+84 Students
- A-77 Students
- C+43 Students
- B35 Students
- A-26 Students
- B25 Students
- B+25 Students
- A20 Students
- B-19 Students
- B-14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Johnstown High School
- B-Watkins Memorial High School
- Southwest Licking Local School District, OH
- 197 reviews
- B-Utica High School
- North Fork Local School District, OH
- 41 reviews
- BNorthridge High School
- Northridge Local School District (Johnstown), OH
- 57 reviews
- B-Heath High School
- Heath City School District, OH
- 100 reviews
Johnstown High School Reviews
Johnstown schools are great. The staff and teachers are all amazing and want to help you in every way. But one thing I would improve is their exam schedule because they don’t have exams before Christmas break and that is difficult. But I really like my high school experience.
I love Johnstown for the friendly atmosphere and the opportunity around it. We aren't the highest in knowledge or college readiness, but we have a great school and good sports teams and a pretty darn good band.
The teachers at Johnstown High School come in a variety. Some teach at a level students can understand and provide classroom activities to help engage learning. Others teach high school students as a graduate from college.The high school teachers present more interest in certain students and often treat those students better and give them better grades. All the teachers seem fairly knowlegdable. Some teachers just have work in the book assignments everyday, while othes have games and other activities.