Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Johnston Senior High School is a public school located in Johnston, RI. It has 867 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Johnston Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B189 Students
- B-158 Students
- A-69 Students
- A+66 Students
- B-62 Students
- B-60 Students
- B+57 Students
- C48 Students
- B38 Students
- A+35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Johnston Senior High School
- BNorth Providence High School
- North Providence School Department, RI
- 205 reviews
- A-Cumberland High School
- Cumberland School Department, RI
- 288 reviews
- B+West Warwick High School
- West Warwick Public Schools, RI
- 109 reviews
- BMt. Hope High School
- Bristol Warren Regional School District, RI
- 175 reviews
Johnston Senior High School Reviews
I loved all the events of course. Clubs, school dances. Would most definitely fix the bathrooms and improve the cooking and menu. I know they’re trying their best, but the school hasn’t been the same maintainer wise since 2013/2014. But no hate at all!
I really liked my time at JHS. I created close bonds with teachers, students, and the administration. While some people might enjoy their time, if you take the time to get involved, it will be a great high school experience!
In my opinion staying involved in schools activities will make your experience ten times better. I played on Johnston's basketball team all four years of high school and that was one the best experiences I had throughout high school. Also, I helped with the disabled kids basketball team after my season was over. So even when my teams season was over I could help others with the same sport. Lastly, when it cam to the battle of classes and pep rallys' it made my experience fun too.