Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Johnston City High School is a public school located in Johnston City, IL. It has 358 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Johnston City High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-46 Students
- C+39 Students
- B15 Students
- B-14 Students
- B11 Students
- A+11 Students
- B+6 Students
- B-6 Students
- A+6 Students
- A-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Johnston City High School
- C+Benton Consolidated High School
- Public School
- Benton, IL
- 111 reviews
- B-Frankfort Community High School
- Frankfort Community Unit School District No. 168, IL
- 22 reviews
- B-Herrin High School
- Herrin Community Unit School District No. 4, IL
- 110 reviews
- C+Christopher High School
- Christopher Unified School District No. 99, IL
- 21 reviews
Johnston City High School Reviews
A very good school. Wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else. Just like anything though, some things need changed.
The overall environment of the school is great! But the teachers attitude need improvement and I think the school needs a lot of work in general.
I loved it there. However the guidance counselor has favoritism. So if you aren't a student she likes she doesn't care to tell you about scholarships or even getting transcripts sent is a pain. The junior year English teacher is awful as well. She blames everything on you even if you are trying your hardest in her class. you basically have to kiss her butt to get a good grade. The athletics especially track and football are amazing programs. The coach is passionate about what he does and loves the kids like they're his own.