Johnson High School is a highly rated, public school located in Gainesville, GA. It has 1,552 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
Johnson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+146 Students
- NG114 Students
- B90 Students
- B74 Students
- A+61 Students
- B+48 Students
- B-40 Students
- A+38 Students
- B+38 Students
- B31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Johnson High School Reviews
I love the Administration and the Diversity at this school. Principal, Robert Lewis is very active with the students and encourages them to be the best they can be. I feel the student body as a whole get along very great and for the most part are well rounded. I would like to see more active role with sports are concerned. Better equipment and coaches more interested in the players. I feel sports and other extracurricular activities keep young adults out of harms way. I also feel that the Counselors should be more involed with students that are wanting to go to and encourage them and help them more with college decision instead of brushing them off and saying a Junior College is better than actual 4 year college because they are not part of the IB group.
The school is a sad reminder of the education system today, and how it can never hope to reach every student. New laptops and giant monitors seemed to be installed every year, while bathrooms and desks fall apart. Remedial classes and In-school suspension are almost always completely full. Despite these conditions, the one positive to the school would the handful of teachers and administrators who put everything they have into helping students succeed where they ordinarily would have been forgotten about in the face of the better performing ones. So while overall, it is certainly a depressing school in most respects, the determinations of those men and women left a really inspiring and positive impression on me.
I am Chriss Herrera a 12th grade student from Johnson High School. I’ve been attending Johnson since freshman year, and what I can say about this school is that it’s one of the best school in hall county. What I have learned from attending Johnson high school is to know how to be Honest, Respecful, Personal Responsible and last but not leats to use our talent to make a positive difference. All of does examples that I have learned from this school it’s what has made me to care about my work, class homework and responsibility outside and within the school. Finally, I believe that my school is a great place to study and to have the high school experience because the teacher and staff makes us feel like it’s our home and makes us feel safe at any moment, and because of that I do think that Johnson High School does not need other changes than stay how they are teaching us every single day to be great mans and women’s for the future.