Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Johnsburg High School is an above average, public school located in Johnsburg, IL. It has 593 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Johnsburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B76 Students
- C60 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+50 Students
- B+37 Students
- B-37 Students
- A+34 Students
- B+32 Students
- A32 Students
- A-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 44 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Johnsburg High School
- B+McHenry High School - East Campus
- McHenry Community High School District No. 156, IL
- 228 reviews
- A-Richmond-Burton High School
- Public School
- Richmond, IL
- 195 reviews
- B-Round Lake Senior High School
- Round Lake Community Unit School District No. 116, IL
- 241 reviews
- B+Central High School
- Public School
- Salem, WI
- 187 reviews
Johnsburg High School Reviews
My experience at Johnsburg High School has been well. I have been really challenged in some of my classes at this school. I like most of my teachers as most of they go above and beyond for the students. What I would like to change at Johnsburg High School is the communication between the staff members and the students is sometimes poor and there can be miscommunications! Also I would like to change the social workers because I don’t trust them and I have been told that I should really see a social worker to help me out in life.
I have had many incredible experiences here at Johnsburg. Being a small town in the Midwest though, it's hard to find diversity. For people looking to find a smaller school, Johnsburg is an excellent choice. The teachers are great, and the programs here excel. However, if you're looking to find a school with lots of diversity and strong representation of different cultures, I would look further.
I am currently a senior at Johnsburg High School, and one of the best characteristics about the students in our school is our spirit. Students are passionate about the clubs or sports they become involved with, and our school always has supported every student. There is always a group of students cheering on and supporting others, whether it be at a high school play or a sporting event.