Johns Creek High School is a top rated, public, charter school located in Johns Creek, GA. It has 2,090 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Johns Creek High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+544 Students
- A+269 Students
- B242 Students
- A+175 Students
- B147 Students
- A+143 Students
- A128 Students
- B+118 Students
- A99 Students
- B87 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
Johns Creek High School Reviews
Overall my hs expirence was very good here! I went to JCHS for all 4 years of HS, and the environment was very conducive to learning and accelerating your studies. I was able to take very challenging classes that most schools don’t offer. Most of the teachers were great and very helpful if you put in effort towards the classes. The school sets up students to succeed in classes. However, the school could improve in its personalization to the students. Since the school is very large, one on one advice and attention from teachers, administrators, and councilors is very limited.
While the school is beautiful I have been appalled at the lack of concern this school shows around extreme bullying situations. Even when they include multiple children approaching the administration, doctors telling the school that the issue is extreme and parents raising awareness. Johns Creek is not the place to attend if you want your child safe from physical threats, harassment in the hallways, being ostracized, etc. The school tells students to "say something when you see something" and than the school doesn't follow through. Many students here do not feel safe both physically or emotionally and when told the administration does nothing. I am concerned at what type of physical or verbal violence my child may experience here under the current model.
School is located in a very affluent area. Has a sports arena, complete with soccer field, football field, gymnasium, ticket office, concessions facilities, and stadium. School is large, with current student population of over 2,000. Many extracurricular/afterschool activities are available. Safe environment, and school holds emergency drills for students & faculty to practice the appropriate procedures on a regular basis. Foreign languages offered: Spanish, French, and Latin. Many advanced courses are offered (Honors, Dual Enrollment, AP), as well as the option of taking online classes onsite/off-campus through either Fulton Virtual School or Georgia Virtual School. Fine arts offered include orchestra, band, chorus, drama/theater, and visual arts.