John Tyler High School is a public school located in Tyler, TX. It has 2,376 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 46% in reading.
John Tyler High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C301 Students
- B-193 Students
- B193 Students
- A+189 Students
- A+152 Students
- B+137 Students
- A129 Students
- A-127 Students
- B116 Students
- A97 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like John Tyler High School
- BRobert E. Lee High School
- Tyler Independent School District, TX
- 310 reviews
- BChapel Hill High School
- Chapel Hill Independent School District (Tyler), TX
- 82 reviews
- BHawkins High School
- Hawkins Independent School District, TX
- 20 reviews
- B-Brownsboro High School
- Brownsboro Independent School District, TX
- 122 reviews
John Tyler High School Reviews
John Tyler High School is a place of involvement and Academic readiness. The school takes education seriously and wants everyone to be successful in to going into their career path way. Their are classes you can take as a Freshman to help you better understand your career path and what you want to do before you even start college! If you ever need extra help in a subject their are plenty of teachers to help you. We also have fun times at the school and it just brings the kids spirits up. Also we have one of the best sports teams in East Texas, so make sure you want to be a part of a winning school.
I started to attend that school back in September 2017 to finish my Senior year. Since I was a Senior, I heard the school offer a "Graduating Class Treatment" in May 2018 like a field trip to Six Flags over Texas, Prom, Senior Breakfast, and finally, graduation on June 1st. The classes I've taken were a complete breeze due to my completion of the core subjects from my Freshmen through Junior years. When the Graduating Class Treatment arrived, I had so much fun. The trip to Six Flags makes me want to relive the moment again, Prom was magical, and Senior Breakfast felt grand. On June 1st, I felt very excited and at the same time, nervous when the ceremony began. I also cried on that day because my dad will never get to see me in the royal blue cap and gown. He died back in October 2014 due to brain hemorrhage. Now I'm on the path to make more goals to accomplish, John Tyler will be the one and always the best school I attended.
John Tyler High School has arich heritage for Athletics. It's the Home of Hall of Famer Earl Campbell. We are in the top 50 schools that the NFL recruit from. But many times we are ovelooked for our educational saviness. We have produced doctors, lwyers, educators, administrators, business owners, pastors and community leaders that make a difference. John Tyler offers so many opportuniteis for the we the student to be engaged in social readiness such as Student Council, Arts,Leadership boards and community iniatives. We have a new principal within the last 2 years are so concerned about our students readiness for college and the real world. She holds our teachers to be professional and caring. It's a great school to be apart of and I am honored that I will be a 2019 Graduate.