John T. Hoggard High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+138 Students
- A135 Students
- B+134 Students
- B+90 Students
- B+72 Students
- A-64 Students
- A+60 Students
- B-43 Students
- A-40 Students
- B+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
John T. Hoggard High School Reviews
Review John T. Hoggard High School
John T. Hoggard is an amazing educational facility. The staff and administration is there to see their students excel in and outside of the classroom. Something I like is the support that the administration and teachers give in regards to the different clubs at my school. The teachers are willing to give up their free time to become and be advisors of difderent clubs and handle everything that comes with being in a club. While the administration does not have a problem with supporting the club members. The support ranges from cleaning the clubs to begin, donating to fundraisers, writing recommendations, all the way to giving personalized shout outs over the intetcom. One thing I wish was different is the amount of money the county gives to the teachers to use on supplies . I notite the teachers have to pay for supplies out of their own pockets. I do not see that as just treatment for all the work, time, and effort that the teachers put in.
John T. Hoggard is the best high school in the Wilmington area. The teachers are involved in their student's education and the office staff is filled with friendly, helpful people, opposite to other high schools in the area. As a student from Hoggard, I am proud to be a Viking!
What I liked about Hoggard was the fact that teachers and counselors were willing to help you whenever you had a problem. They were usually always there to guide you through it and to make sure you understand everything you need to know. There would usually be constant fights everywhere, more than other schools may have. The only thing I hate about the system is class availability and scheduling problems. Almost always mine and everyone else's schedules are messed up in some way, whether it be holes in schedules or just wrong order of classes, and we would have to come in early before the start of school to get it fixed, which usually ends up being the case of your top choices of classes being either full or not having space to take them. The fact that the one class I wished to take my junior year wasn't available to me made me pretty mad because now I have to add that to the pile of other hard classes I have planned for my senior year.