John Swett High School is an above average, public school located in Crockett, CA. It has 527 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
John Swett High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A74 Students
- A+62 Students
- B-60 Students
- B46 Students
- A+46 Students
- B-44 Students
- A-41 Students
- A-40 Students
- A-39 Students
- A37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like John Swett High School
- A-American Canyon High School
- Napa Valley Unified School District, CA
- 287 reviews
- B+San Rafael High School
- San Rafael City High School District, CA
- 180 reviews
- B+Angelo Rodriguez High School
- Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District, CA
- 507 reviews
- B+Concord High School
- Mt. Diablo Unified School District, CA
- 253 reviews
John Swett High School Reviews
John Swett Highschool is definitely known for an academic school. Albeit, this is true, I am a transfer student and I have to say that it is not as challenging as my prior school. Some teachers are very lenient because most of the time, the average score of the whole class is a C. Several teachers are very scrupulous and grades inaccurately. I also observed several teachers give special treatments to others. For example, they would round a student’s grade up and not the other student who has a higher percentage. Unjust fairness is very apparent. The rest of the teachers, they take their job seriously and provide the same treatment to every student. Awarding and recognizing students for their efforts are truly appreciated because it motivates more students to do better in class. There are also a library filled with books, computers, and printers that are essential. There are handful options for sports. Overall, an average rating is a fair judgement due to these reasons.
A small community where the teachers and staff become family. A place where education is heavily implied and being the best is motivated. This school has extracurricular activities to help build a student's application. The teachers work side by side with students and aid them in any help or advice that they mad need. This school is also under construction and is remodeling the area to make it look more appealing. However throughout the construction, it does not impose a distraction to a student’s learning. The diverse community also helps create a loving environment where everyone is welcomed and loved despite where they come from! A true gem in the contra costa county!
John Swett High is a very small school located in Crockett, California. If you're scratching your head right now trying to figure out where it is, it's near San Francisco. Currently, there is construction being done on the school, which does make quite a stressful school environment but the students are doing the best they can to persevere. The building itself has been around for over a 100 years, but it has had several renovations throughout its lifetime. As a senior (citizen) in the John Swett Unified School District (J.S.U.S.D) I have learned how special our school is terms of diversity because there are many people of different backgrounds that attend John Swett.