Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade C minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade D minus
John Swett High School is an above average, public school located in Crockett, CA. It has 453 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
John Swett High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A79 Students
- grade A+72 Students
- grade B minus66 Students
- grade B59 Students
- grade B59 Students
- grade A+52 Students
- grade A minus48 Students
- grade B+44 Students
- grade A minus43 Students
- grade A43 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade D+
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responses
- Pi Day (every March 14th)25%
- Marching Band/Drumline/Colorguard Championships17%
- Basketball games13%
- Football Games13%
- Spirit Week8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,488 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Schools like John Swett High School
- grade A minusAmerican Canyon High School
- Napa Valley Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.98 out of 5 302 reviews
- grade BSan Rafael High School
- San Rafael City High School District, CA
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 190 reviews
- grade B+Angelo Rodriguez High School
- Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 540 reviews
- grade B+Concord High School
- Mt. Diablo Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 268 reviews
John Swett High School Reviews
Rating 3.62 out of 5 85 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The community at John Swett is amazing, and have teachers that honestly deserve the world. The long term staff in place are amazing educators, who know exactly what they are doing. The school is filled with diversity, and all in all a very open, and accepting place. But the lack of preparation for such a diverse group of students is prevalent in the environment encompassed in the administrative staff, which lack of knowledge to the culture and lives of their students. The school has so much potential with the right staff in order, who understand the importance of knowing what their students need, not what those who pay for the school need.
John Swett Highschool is definitely known for an academic school. Albeit, this is true, I am a transfer student and I have to say that it is not as challenging as my prior school. Some teachers are very lenient because most of the time, the average score of the whole class is a C. Several teachers are very scrupulous and grades inaccurately. I also observed several teachers give special treatments to others. For example, they would round a student’s grade up and not the other student who has a higher percentage. Unjust fairness is very apparent. The rest of the teachers, they take their job seriously and provide the same treatment to every student. Awarding and recognizing students for their efforts are truly appreciated because it motivates more students to do better in class. There are also a library filled with books, computers, and printers that are essential. There are handful options for sports. Overall, an average rating is a fair judgement due to these reasons.
A small community where the teachers and staff become family. A place where education is heavily implied and being the best is motivated. This school has extracurricular activities to help build a student's application. The teachers work side by side with students and aid them in any help or advice that they mad need. This school is also under construction and is remodeling the area to make it look more appealing. However throughout the construction, it does not impose a distraction to a student’s learning. The diverse community also helps create a loving environment where everyone is welcomed and loved despite where they come from! A true gem in the contra costa county!