John Swett High School is an above average, public school located in Crockett, CA. It has 558 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
John Swett High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A68 Students
- A+52 Students
- B-51 Students
- A+42 Students
- B35 Students
- A-34 Students
- A-34 Students
- B33 Students
- A-33 Students
- A30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like John Swett High School
- A-American Canyon High School
- Napa Valley Unified School District, CA
- 267 reviews
- B+San Rafael High School
- San Rafael City High School District, CA
- 173 reviews
- B+Angelo Rodriguez High School
- Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District, CA
- 480 reviews
- B+Concord High School
- Mt. Diablo Unified School District, CA
- 240 reviews
John Swett High School Reviews
A small community where the teachers and staff become family. A place where education is heavily implied and being the best is motivated. This school has extracurricular activities to help build a student's application. The teachers work side by side with students and aid them in any help or advice that they mad need. This school is also under construction and is remodeling the area to make it look more appealing. However throughout the construction, it does not impose a distraction to a student’s learning. The diverse community also helps create a loving environment where everyone is welcomed and loved despite where they come from! A true gem in the contra costa county!
John Swett High School has had a huge impact on my life. They have prepared me for the college level of academics and have guided me on what I need to prepare for. The teachers challenged me mentally and emotionally to help display the college level of academics. My academic counselor has been a great help ever since she arrived. She answered all my questions, provided me with study materials, and showed me what I need to be successful after high school. I would love to see the facilities improve and the athletics. Since I am a basketball player, I feel that John Swett needs great improvement in those areas.
I joined the John Swett Unified School District after eighth grade summer and started my wonderful high school journey here. After four years of being a Swett student, one thing I can say for sure is that John Swett is one of the most diverse and united schools in California. The students at John Swett are super open-minded and welcoming. Throughout my four year journey, I have never seen a bully or even anyone judgmental. Although the students and staff are great, one thing the school can work on is having better sports and encouraging more students to participate in a sport. This is a problem but it is justified because the school is not very big and has around 600 students only.