John Jay Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hopewell Junction, NY. It has 1,996 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 96% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
John Jay Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C150 Students
- A-147 Students
- A-123 Students
- A+120 Students
- A-95 Students
- A+92 Students
- B90 Students
- B88 Students
- A+86 Students
- A85 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.31 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.31 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Schools like John Jay Senior High School
- A-Roy C. Ketcham Senior High School
- Wappingers Central School District, NY
- 248 reviews
- BDover High School
- Dover Union Free School District, NY
- 36 reviews
- A-Pawling High School
- Pawling Central School District, NY
- 76 reviews
- A-Mahopac High School
- Mahopac Central School District, NY
- 265 reviews
John Jay Senior High School Reviews
My time at John Jay High School was spent playing football. I played football for 4 years. Being a Patriot was the best decision I ever made. I had a brotherhood with my fellow teammates that surpassed any outside friendships I had. On and off the field my "brothers" were always there for me, backing me up whenever I needed it. Coach O'Hare was also there for me on and off the field. Football gave me a sense of belonging and helped me identify who I was and where I wanted my life to go. I will always remember my time as a Patriot. Once a Patriot, always a Patriot! Feeling like you really belong somewhere is the best feeling in the world, and I have all of my football coaches and "brothers" to thank for always having my back and giving me a sense of belonging and purpose!
Terrible! No accountability for anything. Kids are vaping in the halls and bathrooms constantly. They come and go as they please. Teachers don't respond to parents concerns. They don't answer emails and you have no idea how your child is doing. If you have an average student, they will fly under the radar. Zero support! Sports programs are decent.
The feeling of community is incomparable. While the hallways are very filled with students, the school maintains a small town feel with students and teachers in a community-like relationship!