John Hardin High School is a highly rated, public school located in Elizabethtown, KY. It has 921 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
John Hardin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-238 Students
- A-192 Students
- B-179 Students
- C94 Students
- B74 Students
- B+66 Students
- C+58 Students
- B53 Students
- B-45 Students
- B+43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like John Hardin High School
John Hardin High School Reviews
I loved how diverse it was! Because Ft. Knox is so close, we have students from everywhere! I made a lot of friends. Our sports are relatively great. We have tons of fun at huge rivalry games and we are great competitors. Our academics are also great, we are a distinguished school. We also had the highest ACT average in the district with an average of 21!
Here at John Hardin, our student body and faculty are treated like family. When an individual is struggling either in school or outside of school, the entire school is there supporting them and providing a safe space for them to turn to. I enjoy how caring and willing that the teachers are to continue to encourage students to keep trying, they are never ones to give up on any student. I would not change anything about this school, it is one of the best schools I have ever been to!
This school is something I would classify as mediocre. I can't complain. There are several other students across the country who have experienced worse. The curriculum could be improved. However, staff and administration believe in keeping up with appearances, hence forth the amount of money spent on electronics. The grading scale is unheard of. Instead of using an 10 point grading scale, they use an 8 point grading scale. The building is somewhat small but for the most part, everyone is safe. Our principal likes to think of us as a family. He's right to a certain extent. The amount of fights and disciplinary issues are exceptionally low. Students are encouraged to sit with others during lunch. Bullying is not accepted. I am giving this school a score of 3 stars because there is plenty of room for improvement.