John Hardin High School is an above average, public school located in Elizabethtown, KY. It has 855 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
John Hardin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-268 Students
- A-218 Students
- B-215 Students
- C103 Students
- B-86 Students
- B80 Students
- C+64 Students
- B-63 Students
- B-51 Students
- B48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like John Hardin High School
John Hardin High School Reviews
My experience at John Hardin High School is amazing. The teachers love to work with you one on one and the diversity at my school is great. As a school who takes foreign exchange students and being next to a military post, there is lots of diversity. Something I personally would like to see John Hardin High School change is school spirit. We have amazing sports teams, so we need more school spirit!
As a senior in high school, this is my fourth year attending John Hardin. I have been apart of clubs and organizations, made many friends, and had the opportunity to challenge myself academically at this school. John Hardin does well by allowing their students ways to become career and/or college ready to prepare them for the real world. I got to learn other valuable skills by participating in activities like Pep Club, Yearbook Production, Y-Club, Art Club, and Football Management. This school teaches all of its students the value of what it means to be a family. However, John Hardin could improve in adding more extracurriculars, academic electives, and more food options to accommodate special allergies or diets. Overall John Hardin is a very good high school that also has flaws that can be corrected.
Overall, the school is fantastic at encouraging students to be the best that they can be both academically and personally. For example, John Hardin has specific days where they encourage students to interact with someone they haven’t met before or to invite someone who is sitting alone over to their lunch table. John Hardin also encourages success academically by rewarding good test scores and grades with field trips and food parties. This is a school that many students will thrive in.