Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
John H. Glenn High School is a highly rated, public school located in Elwood, NY. It has 689 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
John H. Glenn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-93 Students
- A-82 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+49 Students
- A48 Students
- B46 Students
- A-39 Students
- B38 Students
- B+35 Students
- A35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like John H. Glenn High School
- AIslip High School
- Islip Union Free School District, NY
- 179 reviews
- A-Comsewogue High School
- Brookhaven-Comsewogue Union Free School District, NY
- 203 reviews
- AW. Tresper Clarke High School
- East Meadow Union Free School District, NY
- 116 reviews
- ACarle Place Middle Senior High School
- Carle Place Union Free School District, NY
- 82 reviews
John H. Glenn High School Reviews
John Glenn is a small but amazing high school that emphasizes community, diversity and striving for excellence. Many of the teachers are people who grew up in Elwood so they are very committed to the students and our well-being, as well as our academic and social development. There is an amazing school spirit and sense of community that is present throughout all grades and throughout the year. Some of my most memorable experiences have been at various school-sponsored events such as Homecoming, Pep Rally, Dodge Cancer, St. Baldrick's, Volleyball-a-thon, Relay for Life, Head Start Christmas Program, and Blue and White Night. Moreover, being a member of the school soccer team throughout Middle School and High School, as well as Winter and Spring Track teams helped teach me about hard work, dedication and perseverance. Despite being a small school, Elwood -John Glenn High School has opportunities for students in all areas of sports, arts and academics.
My two kids currently attend the middle school and soon will be joining John Glenn. I have not heard anything negative. I even know a very prestigious doctor that went to this school district and graduated from Harvard! Also, his son followed his path and also graduated Harvard! It really all depends on the ability you of the child along with the help they have to achieve what they want to. I’m more than happy with the school district and cannot wait until my kids attend John Glenn.
John Glenn is considered a small school. Our graduating class is just under 200 students. So, you pretty much know all of your classmates. Most all I have been going to school with since kindergarten. I have been involved in community service club, Italian club, international club and have joined a few school teams. In the winter I run on the cross country team. There aren’t too late on our school team. In my senior year there were only 7 of us. We had a great time running together. In the winter of my freshman year I participated in winter track. I joined the girls softball team in middle school and played throughout my high school years. It was my favorite sport. Although these are the clubs and teams I participated in there is so many other clubs and teams for all to enjoy. I’m glad I was able to attend John Glenn high school.