Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
John Glenn High School is a public school located in Bay City, MI. It has 851 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 1% of students are at least proficient in math and 1% in reading.
John Glenn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B189 Students
- B-159 Students
- B125 Students
- A122 Students
- B-92 Students
- B+76 Students
- A+75 Students
- B+47 Students
- B+46 Students
- B34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like John Glenn High School
- BBay City Western High School
- Bay City School District, MI
- 220 reviews
- C+Pinconning High School
- Pinconning Area Schools, MI
- 73 reviews
- B+Swan Valley High School
- Swan Valley School District, MI
- 107 reviews
- BReese High School
- Reese Public Schools, MI
- 50 reviews
John Glenn High School Reviews
My experience at John Glenn has been amazing. I have had the opportunity to be involved in many arts programs and student groups. I have made great friends who have the same interests as I do. What I love is the smaller environment, and class size. It has been very easy to be successful and grow as not only a student, but an individual. The teachers and counselors are all invested in the success of the students. Everyone is there to support you when you need help, or just have questions. The only change I would recommend is the opportunity for more educators throughout the high school. At times, I felt as if the teachers were still fully invested in their students, however they were very overwhelmed with some of the amounts of students they would have in each class.
Overall, John Glenn High School in Bangor Township, Michigan was just like any other average high school. My experience was comfortable and the staff was rather considerate of my personal life and mental health. It was here I met some of the sweetest, most caring teachers. I will never forget the things those people have done for me; I miss all of them deeply. Though John Glenn lacked diversity due to its location, it was an accepting school for the most part. I would refer John Glenn to any parent who was unsure of which high school to send their child.
John Glenn is full of welcoming faculty and students. We have encouraging "Bobcat Boasts" each morning, and always start the day with smiles on our faces. The teachers truly care for their students and do their best to help us move towards success. It is a safe environment thanks to our personal deputy, who stays at the school throughout each school day. I have had a safe and well-educated three years here, and I am very excited to finish my high school years off at this school. Though I am a bit disappointed I will have to leave it all behind. Overall, John Glenn is a fantastic place to get an education, and the only improvement I can think of is more teachers, so our educators aren't so over-booked. We have quite a few teachers who teach about three different classes, and then also coach a few sports after school or even plan our school dances.