Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
John F. Kennedy Senior High School is a public school located in Cheektowaga, NY. It has 410 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
John F. Kennedy Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-36 Students
- C+22 Students
- A-17 Students
- C+14 Students
- B13 Students
- B-11 Students
- A+11 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-9 Students
- C+9 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review John F. Kennedy Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like John F. Kennedy Senior High School
- CLackawanna High School
- Lackawanna City School District, NY
- 23 reviews
- BNorth Tonawanda High School
- North Tonawanda City School District, NY
- 86 reviews
- BMaryvale High School
- Cheektowaga-Maryvale Union Free School District, NY
- 174 reviews
- BFrontier Senior High School
- Frontier Central School District, NY
- 102 reviews
John F. Kennedy Senior High School Reviews
The school is similar to all of its neighboring schools. With a relatively small student body, and a recent influx of new members fulfilling administrative roles, there seems to be a disconnect between administrators and the student body that creates a wholesome environment. The school offers a selection of what are some of the more prominent AP classes. The variety of teachers that this school provides is highly varied; with some of the wisest professors that will be difficult to forget, and others whose abilities feel tired, and sometimes utterly questionable. Renovations to the auditorium, and tennis courts might be the only infrastructural improvements to the school in the past couple years. Both in athletics, and academics, there are gaps in what is provided, with classes such as AP Chemistry, or AP Calculus BC, or AP Computer Science being non-existent, as well as a lack of notable sports teams. Change here is something that doesn't occur often, even when it is of dire need.
I loved the sense of community JFK gave its students. It really did feel like one big family at times. The teachers did an exceptional job at personally connecting and caring for each student. You could tell by walking into a classroom that it was a judgement free zone, and students respected their teachers. I had many teachers help me immensely graduate and push through my classes. Ii had a hard time in school dealing with a lot at home in my personal life. I had many teachers reach out and try to help me in any way they could. I am still personally close and talk to many teachers from my high school. If there was one thing I could change, I would change the amount of funding that went to art and music classes, rather than most of the school funding being dumped into sports.
JFK has engraved in me such memories that I will never be able to forget in this lifetime!!! Words can not express how grateful I am to JFK for the (almost) four years I have spent. The faculty is extremely l helpful and they will always go above and beyond to make sure that students are all right. No school can exist without flaws, and so is the case with JFK as well. However, your high school experience is what you make it out to be. Therefore, take advantage of all the opportunities that come to you: get involved, talk to students and teachers, make friends, study hard, prep for college, use the resources provided to you and at the end of your high school career, you will reap the profits with pride and a smile on your face, because nothing is impossible!!!