John F. Kennedy Memorial High School is a highly rated, public school located in ISELIN, NJ. It has 1,327 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
John F. Kennedy Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A277 Students
- B+125 Students
- A113 Students
- B-106 Students
- B+102 Students
- A-101 Students
- A+92 Students
- B-86 Students
- A-77 Students
- A+64 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like John F. Kennedy Memorial High School
- A-Elizabeth High School
- Elizabeth Public Schools, NJ
- 320 reviews
- A+Academy for Performing Arts
- Public School
- Scotch Plains, NJ
- 63 reviews
- B-A. Hamilton Preparatory Academy
- Elizabeth Public Schools, NJ
- 187 reviews
- BEast Orange Campus High School (9)
- East Orange School District, NJ
- 60 reviews
John F. Kennedy Memorial High School Reviews
The school is so ethnically diverse and the classes are challenging but fun! You always learn new things about the different cultures. Most people are Asian (i.e. South Asian), but there are also many Dominicans and other Hispanic peoples, White people, and even a couple of Arab peoples. White people beware though, racism is rampid since most people don't understand that you can be racist to whites. Spanish class is used all through out the day no matter your ethnicity. Most students take AP or college level classes and JFKMHS is rated #1 in the district. Sports isn't as good for the boys, but the girls kill it in every sport.
JFKMHS stresses the importance of the 3 A's- Academics, Athletics, and Arts. First off, I'm going to address our performing arts department, which is phenomenal. At the competitions, the choirs continuously win superior ratings at competitions and win various awards. The marching band has improved greatly and continues to rise in score every year. Our school plays are consistently superb due to the talented cast, pit band, crew, and staff. As for clubs and activities, we have a large variety- there is truly something for everybody. Clubs include gaming unplugged, human rights, & sports management, among a dozen others. Our athletic teams do well as well. A large portion of the school participates in the athletic program, as there are at least 6 sports every season. In regard to academics, over one hundred students participate in Advanced Placement classes. Our school consistently has the top scores in the township.
My time in high school was rough at JFK. However, I abhor the fact that all 3 principals and 99% of the faculty were white when majority of our students were students of color, particularly South Asian. The culture barrier and sometimes blatant racism made it quite a toxic place at times, in my opinion, which was ironic since our principal "praised" the school's diversity, when I'm sure he was low-key racist. However, the teachers were very good in connecting with us; frankly, my teachers were my favorite aspect of that school. Also, I hate how when majority of the talent in our school is from the art, theater, and choir students and all the money goes towards the sports teams. JFK needs work, money, and a reality check.