John F. Kennedy Memorial High School is a highly rated, public school located in Iselin, NJ. It has 1,327 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 39% in reading.
John F. Kennedy Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A328 Students
- B147 Students
- A-143 Students
- B-136 Students
- B+134 Students
- A-123 Students
- A+116 Students
- C+108 Students
- A-103 Students
- A+83 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like John F. Kennedy Memorial High School
- AElizabeth High School
- Elizabeth Public Schools, NJ
- 325 reviews
- A+Academy for Performing Arts
- Public School
- Scotch Plains, NJ
- 65 reviews
- BA. Hamilton Preparatory Academy
- Elizabeth Public Schools, NJ
- 191 reviews
- BEast Orange STEM Academy
- East Orange School District, NJ
- 69 reviews
John F. Kennedy Memorial High School Reviews
John F. Kennedy Memorial High school has provided me with multiple opportunities that other schools in my district do not offer. Now I cannot speak on behalf of every staff member but many truly care about their students allowing the student to learn at their pace. The workload tends to be very tough especially when my fellow classmates are trying to balance extra-curricular activities, school, family and work. John F Kennedy could also work on supporting their art department just as much as they support their sports teams. The gym classes could also improve by having a larger variety of activities rather than sticking to running every day. Overall JFKMHS has provided me with an education that is available to me on behalf of my privileges of being able to go to school. Every student has a different story to tell.
The school is so ethnically diverse and the classes are challenging but fun! You always learn new things about the different cultures. Most people are Asian (i.e. South Asian), but there are also many Dominicans and other Hispanic peoples, White people, and even a couple of Arab peoples. White people beware though, racism is rampid since most people don't understand that you can be racist to whites. Spanish class is used all through out the day no matter your ethnicity. Most students take AP or college level classes and JFKMHS is rated #1 in the district. Sports isn't as good for the boys, but the girls kill it in every sport.
I graduated in 2016 and I gotta say, JFKMHS is one of the best high schools you could've went to. There are a wide variety of AP and Honors classes you can take as well as clubs and sports. The student demographics are one of the most diverse in the whole state so its easy to find comfort here. The academics are the best in the township from the three high schools (Colonia and Woodbridge included) and the bonds you form with teachers can transcend graduation which is amazing. I was part of the boys track team which was phenomenal and all the other teams were competitive too, including the girls teams which always did very well too. Only complaints are that the school isnt funded well, its rather small, and you should join a sports team or club to be more social as they dont give much time for that. Other than those things its an amazing high school which is safe and a good choice for you or your child.