John Bapst Memorial High School is a highly rated, private, boarding school located in Bangor, ME. It has 513 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. Tuition is $43,250 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 99% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
John Bapst Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B173 Students
- B68 Students
- A+56 Students
- B-55 Students
- C+42 Students
- A+40 Students
- A-31 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+28 Students
- A+24 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
John Bapst Memorial High School Reviews
This a great college prep school. They encourage you to participate in sports and one of the arts. Every student is there to achieve good grades, so the mindset is all the same. The students come from towns all over central Maine and they have and international program. There are boarding houses for those students or for students who have too long of a commute. Everyone is friendly and it's a good opportunity to meet kids who you've not gone to school with before. The teachers love the school and enjoy teaching there. They are very good and approachable. This school is one of the highest rated high schools for academic excellence. I highly recommend this school and encourage kids to check it out. You won't be disappointed in choosing John Bapst Memorial High School!
It's been a great time! I've had the opportunity to study all subjects I've wanted to, whilst being prepared for college and various other experiences that may be thrown at me. I'm a part of many different clubs and a couple of sports teams; at John Bapst, they want you to be involved. I'm the Secretary of National Honor Society, a president of JCL, a swim team captain, a stage manager for theatrical productions, and an active member of the school's community. Guess one could say that I just "Love That School!"
I loved attending John Bapst. I was able to make many friends through clubs. I took 9 AP classes in my time there, and they really helped me with my transition into college. Overall amazing school!