Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C53 Students
- A44 Students
- A28 Students
- A-28 Students
- B-27 Students
- C25 Students
- C+21 Students
- B21 Students
- A20 Students
- B-20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 53 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Jo Johnson High School Reviews
Review Jo Johnson High School
We have a lot of extra-curricular activities! We have activities involving sports, art, government, business, etc. Everyone has a place, and everyone can join a club. However, if you don't have a club that you're necessarily interested in, you can create your own. Our school staff is all for creativity, and encourage involvement within the school. They clubs aren't overly selective as long as you have a passion for a particular club, you can get involved! Overall, the school is very good on this aspect.
At Johnson you become apart of a "huge family," because this school has a outstanding legacy in Huntsville, Al. Before I came to this school I went to a school in North Carolina, and the experience is completely different. This school is truly like a family, because their is a caring atmosphere. The people are nice, the teachers/administrators are caring, and outside parents are supportive. The J O J alumni are all over this city, and help the school with whatever it needs. This school is so unique, because of the legacy it carries. It has been around for many years, and has given a lot of people hope. Many examples show that you can make it out of this city, and be very successful. The entire staff pushes you to go to college, and the school has introduced an outstanding program. It's called the "Cap and Gown Project," and it plays a very important part in this school. Many teachers came together to form this group, and a lot of the students joined. They take students out of town, and to various different college campuses. If I could, I would go to this school all over again. I would take the same teachers, make the same friends, and participate in the same activities. Besides...I am the last of a great legacy.
I'm going to tell the truth about Johnson school safety. It is bad! Anyone can just walk out of school and go any where they want and come back later when school is almost ending. Anyone can walk into our school, when someone come to check you out they do not even ask for ID. They just let you walk out and in like a doctor office.