Jimtown High School is a public school located in Elkhart, IN. It has 605 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Jimtown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+95 Students
- B+92 Students
- A83 Students
- A+64 Students
- B43 Students
- B-39 Students
- B-35 Students
- A-27 Students
- B+26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Jimtown High School
- B+Fairfield Junior/Senior High School
- Fairfield Community Schools, IN
- 116 reviews
- BBremen Senior High School
- Bremen Public Schools, IN
- 80 reviews
- BNorthridge High School
- Middlebury Community Schools, IN
- 355 reviews
- BEdwardsburg High School
- Edwardsburg Public Schools, MI
- 239 reviews
Jimtown High School Reviews
Here at Jimtown High School, we have an excellent community with great involvement in clubs and sports. There is a family atmosphere and someone is there to support whatever it is you want to do. The staff pushes you to be your best and pushes themselves to better the school. However, I would like to see the academic facilities updated, a wider range of classes offered and more life readiness courses or information available. Overall this is a good place to get your high school education if you like a small community-oriented environment.
I enjoyed my 4 years at Jimtown High School. During my junior year we received a new principal who is really making a difference in the culture and atmosphere of the school. Jimtown is a small school district with a tight knit community who really supports the schools with attendance at sporting events, plays, concerts and fundraisers.
Some of the things that I like about Jimtown High School is that how the teachers can always talk one and one with their students, and help them with their studies or problems. Our guidance counselor is very good at their job, and allows kids to talk about what they want to major in, and they know the market for all of those majors.