Jim Thorpe Area High School is an above average, public school located in Jim Thorpe, PA. It has 606 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Jim Thorpe Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+73 Students
- B70 Students
- A-63 Students
- B60 Students
- C+54 Students
- B-48 Students
- B-45 Students
- A42 Students
- C39 Students
- A+37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Jim Thorpe Area High School
- BPleasant Valley High School
- Pleasant Valley School District, PA
- 399 reviews
- BLehighton Area High School
- Lehighton Area School District, PA
- 111 reviews
- B-Northern Lehigh Senior High School
- Northern Lehigh School District, PA
- 73 reviews
- B-Tamaqua Area Senior High School
- Tamaqua Area School District, PA
- 67 reviews
Jim Thorpe Area High School Reviews
Jim Thorpe Area High School has been quite an interesting experience to prepare us students for the real world. The school admission gives us plenty of resources to look into possible future college careers. As well a multitude of classes to take on a better expression of each individual student. The overall facilities and food of the school well keep by the staff to ensure maximum efficiency. The only thing I wish that the school would change from their direction on teaching some lessons given in our courses. Instead of teaching us valuable information in that subject, we rather learn about studies that will be presentive on our state tests.
I loved going to Jim Thorpe. It's a very nice atmosphere. The lunches are under the same state/national guidelines as others, but the workers try very hard to give us tasty lunches. The teachers are friendly and understanding. Many classes here emphasize college readiness rather than actually teaching certain subject matter, which I believe to be better. Sport culture is good here. Fan sections may lack at times for certain away games that are just a little too far, but overall the attendance is very good. There is a club for everyone here; you'll fit in somewhere. One complaint I have is the administration. They make many very bad judgement calls. They made very bad decisions regarding senior shirts and a certain student's senior project last year, which people can still feel. Their weather judgement is very poor. There were many morning I felt in danger going through mountain roads. Overall, Jim Thorpe was very good for my high school experience.
I liked the teachers, the administration, the atmosphere, the students, and the entire experience I had while. I attended the school. They offered a wide variety of clubs and activities and sports for kids to participate in. It was a great experience.