J.H.S. 383 - Philippa Schuyler Reviews

Honestly still a really good school, they hire excellent teachers and faculty to ensure that everyone can learn effectively and feel comfortable and confident both in classes and in the hallway. The teachers really care about your education, the history teachers teach fun, interesting and unexpected information and the science teachers try to make sure you understand the material. The English teachers are better than some high school English teachers in terms of what is actually taught and the math teachers understand how hard math can be and actually try to make learning everything easier. I actually didn’t get the best grades so you know I’m not biased, philippa Schuyler will always be the best
THIS SCHOOL IS BAD! BECAUSE THEY BULLIED ME HERE AND NO ONE RESPECTS YOU. DONT BELIEVE OTHERS. It's TRASH. NO ONE LIKES YOU. THE FOOD IS BAD. I SAW A WORM IN THE FOOD. TRUST ME
This school has given me many opportunities. And thanks to this school I am a VERY successful student. I don’t know what I would have done without the experiences in this school.
Start Your Review of J.H.S. 383 - Philippa Schuyler
I graduated back in 2014 when we had gotten a new principal. She unlike our old principal was more strict and less forgiving. If we as a class did something wrong she wouldn't hesitate to take away prom. But as a whole she was a sweet women. The school takes the performing arts seriously. We have a huge variety of dance classes, drama, steel pan, chorus,band,ect. We also have a robotics club and a whole variety of extra curricular. The school gets you ready for high school. And the advanced classes are great to have. Going to this school will get you accepted to any high school for your choice guaranteed.
The school is absolutely wonderful, I love the diversity as far as extracurricular activities go, and is has changed so much for the better since I graduated from there, the students enjoy themselves and do well. I like how it turned out.
The teachers at Philippa Schuyler enjoy their jobs and you can see it in their work performance. Not only are we given great lessons, but you can always go to one of the teachers for a life tip because they genuinely care about all students.
The teachers make sure you understand what's going on before moving on and they are available for extra tutoring if you need them.
The teachers are really amazing and share great bonds with students that make them want to learn.
This school is very safe, you rarely hear about any violence in this school and everyone is there for each other.
I really enjoyed attending this school , it was a school with great academics and sports . The teachers and staff are really kind and generous. There is always someone you can go to , to talk and they make you feel comfortable.
The extracurriculars used to be forced for tutoring
You could go in the gym and play early as an activity
Certain things ignored while others aren't.
The food was often soggy, or discolored.
Many of the teachers at Schuyler are passionate, although many could be better and care more about their students' success.
What really made me love Schuyler was the quality of the teachers.
Most students were from Caribbean or African American backgrounds, so there wasn't too much diversity, but most students were understanding/accepting and willing to talk things out.
Start Your Review of J.H.S. 383 - Philippa Schuyler
Although the school facilities were often subpar, we had science labs which I appreciated extensively.
The administration didn't seem to have any respect for the voice of the students and would disregard our accounts. We felt belittled and powerless, so we didn't learn to respect them.
There were only a few extracurriculars available and it would have been nice to be exposed to a more diverse array of experiences through increased extracurriculars.