Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Jesup High School is an above average, public school located in Jesup, IA. It has 265 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+38 Students
- A33 Students
- A23 Students
- B22 Students
- B-9 Students
- B9 Students
- B+8 Students
- A6 Students
- B5 Students
- B4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 3 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Jesup High School
- BEast Buchanan High School
- East Buchanan Community School District, IA
- 33 reviews
- BWapsie Valley High School
- Wapsie Valley Community School District, IA
- 37 reviews
- C+Dunkerton High School
- Dunkerton Community School District, IA
- 31 reviews
- B-Oelwein High School
- Oelwein Community School District, IA
- 35 reviews
Jesup High School Reviews
Jesup high school has basic resources for students. It is slightly behind on the new use of technology in classrooms and has very poor connection with the little technology available. The school puts majority of its funds into sports programs and facilities which is good, however some more should be put towards up to date equipment for students and faculty.
While going to Jesup I learned who I was, I found my friend group and its not a stereotypical high school. The people who are good at sports don't make fun of you but they just say hi. I love this school and what it has done for me
While at Jesup high school, I saw much support for the sports programs. However, while I was in attendance, the fine arts and other clubs were pushed to the side. As a highly involved student, I found it difficult participating in both sides of the coin.