Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Jersey Shore Area Senior High School is a public school located in Jersey Shore, PA. It has 722 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Jersey Shore Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+105 Students
- A+99 Students
- C+85 Students
- B60 Students
- B39 Students
- A39 Students
- C+36 Students
- B-30 Students
- A-25 Students
- B-23 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Jersey Shore Area Senior High School
- B-South Williamsport Area Junior/Senior High School
- South Williamsport Area School District, PA
- 75 reviews
- A-Loyalsock Township Senior High School
- Loyalsock Township School District, PA
- 83 reviews
- C-Central Mountain High School
- Keystone Central School District, PA
- 157 reviews
- B+Williamsport Area Senior High School
- Williamsport Area School District, PA
- 178 reviews
Jersey Shore Area Senior High School Reviews
My experience at Jersey Shore Area Senior High School was very much average. There are some phenomenal teachers at this school some decent opportunities. However, there are many sections that could be improved like college readiness and updates and more effort put into the arts and music programs. As well, there is a lot of effort put on specific "future pathways" and little put in other areas, specifically the natural science realm. There is lots of good to come from this school, but there is a need for a progressive improvement as well, which should be attainable with the everchanging world.
Jersey Shore Area Senior High School is an excellent school that makes sure all the student’s needs are met. There is a warm atmosphere about the school that allows kids to feel comfortable in their surroundings. Every student is respected and their needs are very important to the staff. There are many opportunities for kids to try new things such as joining clubs or taking pathway classes. The school is also very involved and supportive of the sports. Each sport is recognized and awarded for their accomplishments. Not only are the sports recognized at Jersey Shore Senior High School, but the students who put time and effort into their work. Each Month two students are recognized for their academic abilities and their awards they have received. Jersey Shore is a very welcoming school with teens who are growing up to be the future of America.
I liked the inclusiveness of the classes they offer. There's at least one class for everyone going into the different fields. However, the lack of health teaching could be improved in my opinion. Instead of making first aid an elective, I believe it should be required in the health class students have to take as juniors. More safe sex education is also a good idea, teach us how to stay safe when we're young adults out with friends or just with our significant others instead of telling us to stay away from it and only talk about STDs and STIs.