Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade D+
Jerome High School is a public school located in Jerome, ID. It has 1,167 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 16% of students are at least proficient in math and 48% in reading.
Jerome High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus250 Students
- grade B minus190 Students
- grade B+183 Students
- grade B174 Students
- grade B+64 Students
- grade B+58 Students
- grade B minus55 Students
- grade A44 Students
- grade B43 Students
- grade A minus43 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responses
- Football games and Assemblies33%
- Dress up days13%
- Choir Performances9%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,278 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 29 responses
Schools like Jerome High School
- grade CWendell High School
- Wendell School District, ID
- Rating 3.16 out of 5 83 reviews
- grade C+Filer High School
- Filer School District, ID
- Rating 3.42 out of 5 85 reviews
- grade C+Buhl High School
- Buhl Joint School District, ID
- Rating 3.27 out of 5 45 reviews
- grade C+Shoshone High School
- Shoshone Joint School District, ID
- Rating 3.38 out of 5 34 reviews
Jerome High School Reviews
Rating 3.32 out of 5 145 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Everyone is really kind and accepting. Teachers are amazing, if you don't really understand how to do things, they'll be glad to teach you to understand. I also really like how they offer Dual credit classes, it is very much appreciated! Every teacher pushes students to do their best. They just want us to have a good future and by pushing us more, they help us become more prepared for our future. Students are very nice and are glad to help anyone out, if they are in need. The school doesn't have any defects, it is good how it is.
There is high school and then there is Jerome High School. JHS was a very friendly place to be in. Teachers are very caring and seem to care about students more than most. Unfortunately, these great and amazing teachers aren't getting paid enough and they now have been forced to move. Otherwise, school spirit is very good. Sports aren't the best because we never seem to win but hey, maybe the upcoming students can change that. Our Arts/Drama, is very brilliant. They have won several state trophies and the teachers providing the experience are the most motivating people ever. Over all I never felt left out and had a great time. One team, one town, one family... Go Tigers Go!
Throughout high school I was given many opportunities to try new things and become confident in things that make me, me. Jerome High School gave me opportunities through Volleyball, Basketball, Speech, Golf, National Honors Society, Student Government and Journalism. As a leader in my high school, I was able to grow through trial and error, and develop into the person that I am today. One specific experience that has made a major impact on who I am was the participation through my school speech team. I joined without knowing what I was doing, and was treated as an intense competitor and my team expected only the best from me. The staff at Jerome High School have been committed to excellence throughout my entire experience as a student. Many things throughout my high school were far from perfect, but every challenge was met with a team of people who were determined to make the best out of the situation, and be better from it.