Jericho Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Jericho, NY. It has 1,103 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Jericho Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+166 Students
- A+143 Students
- A-114 Students
- A+100 Students
- A+91 Students
- A+89 Students
- A-87 Students
- A+68 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Jericho Senior High School
- A+Syosset Senior High School
- Syosset Central School District, NY
- 304 reviews
- A+Greenwich High School
- Greenwich School District, CT
- 370 reviews
- A+Great Neck North High School
- Great Neck Public Schools, NY
- 82 reviews
- A+Mamaroneck High School
- Mamaroneck Union Free School District, NY
- 121 reviews
Jericho Senior High School Reviews
Overall, Jericho High School is a good school: great academics, plenty of opportunities, and caring staff. Although, everyone's experience at Jericho varies depending on their own personal goals. There are a lot of high-achieving students, but there are also a lot of average students. Competitiveness ranges from the people you surround yourself with and how you deal with stress. The majority of teachers are supportive and put in a lot of effort in their job. Downsides of this school include lack of school spirit and lack of diversity. I wouldn't describe it as "cliquey" because there isn't a hierarchy, but friend groups are pretty solidly established here, and people tend stay in bubbles.
Competitive, with both good and bad. Hierarchical, and rather neurotic and cliquey even for a high school, with blatant ethnic divides in the student body. Many students either have professional parents or chase pre-professional aspirations, thus perpetuating achievement-oriented behavior as well as superficiality. This is not a place conducive to emotional growth or psychological wellbeing. Still, I appreciated many teachers and staff here, who do not need naming to show dedication for the kids.
I will graduate from Jericho High School in 2019. JHS is a very nice place, but it’s extremely competitive. The students are good friends, but they all have a competitive nature somewhere in them. This may make it hard for certain students to do as well as they expect or be proud of themselves. Overall, it has been a great experience. However, I feel that had I been in a school with a lower rating, I would’ve been better off for college. Also, students should only come here while in middle school, not after high school starts.