Jericho Senior High School is an elite, public school located in Jericho, NY. It has 1,123 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Jericho Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+148 Students
- A+127 Students
- A-97 Students
- A+94 Students
- A+83 Students
- A+79 Students
- A-76 Students
- A+64 Students
- A+56 Students
- A+55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Jericho Senior High School
- A+Syosset Senior High School
- Syosset Central School District, NY
- 291 reviews
- A+Greenwich High School
- Greenwich School District, CT
- 351 reviews
- A+Great Neck North High School
- Great Neck Public Schools, NY
- 78 reviews
- A+Mamaroneck High School
- Mamaroneck Union Free School District, NY
- 109 reviews
Jericho Senior High School Reviews
Jericho is very competitive, which stresses students out, but it pushes students at the same time. Teachers vary from very influential to really uninformative. Almost all of the students go on to pursue a college career after high school!
Jericho High school is certainly not like any other schools. I came to JHS as a freshman from a completely different state and the objectives of kids here COMPLETELY different. Most people in my old school perused a less competitive lifestyle while still caring about their educations. Most kids here are extremely competitive and are what you call "try hards"(mostly Asian), sometimes excluding their social life and athletics just to go to tutors and study non stop on the weekends. High school shouldn't just be a full on blow of studying non-stop; however with the state of Jericho and its competitiveness, it is hard to change that.
The experience at Jericho is mostly shaped by who you are and what social group you choose to belong to. For the academically-inclined (mostly Asian), taking all the AP's possible, getting 4.0 GPA's, and winning science research awards are the main goals. For everybody else, keeping up with these kids while maintaining a social life is the objective. There is a lot of fear of peer competition and college affirmative action, so the former group is a formidable academic powerhouse that only gets stronger every year, which causes a lot of stress among students but improves Jericho's state and national rankings.