Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Jennings County High School is a public school located in North Vernon, IN. It has 1,203 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Jennings County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A125 Students
- B90 Students
- C+80 Students
- B75 Students
- A+74 Students
- A-53 Students
- B-48 Students
- B+40 Students
- B38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Jennings County High School Reviews
Jennings County Highschool is overall a great school! Everyone is so friendly and there are plenty of options of things to get involved in. We have clubs like Key Club, where we do things such as help out around the Community. We have several sports,clubs, and things such as choir and band. The teachers at my school are amazing, they do everything they can to help us to have fun while learning. There are so many oppurtunities for every kid at Jennings County Highschool. A couple of things that I would like to see different is the cleanliness of the school and definitely the school lunches. Lets just say that my school isn't always the cleanest, and doesn't always have the best lunches.
I have never heard of a school with such caring staff and teachers. Of course not every teacher fell into that category, yet there were plenty of those that do. My graduating class seen a lot of hardships including the loss of a wonderful classmate. The JCHS staff did everything they could to make sure every person in my graduating class was taken care of and gave us the strength to keep going. The lessons I learned at JCHS have helped me get through my first semester of college and my first few steps of adult life. I would recommend that school to anyone who needs an adult figure in their life that they can look up to. The JCHS staff creates meaningful, impactful student teacher relationships with all of their students. Something I have never seen in another school in the same way.
Honestly, the school has slowly been getting better every year. Since Mr. Roller has become principal there have been many new programs and other efforts in order to better the school. The teachers are good for the most part although there are several poor ones who should not be teachers. The education is quite good although it could definitely be improved and provide more types of classes for students. All in all, it is a good school that is provides a decent education and a safe environment.