Jennings County High School is a public school located in North Vernon, IN. It has 1,332 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Jennings County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A113 Students
- B+82 Students
- B-74 Students
- A+68 Students
- B68 Students
- A-49 Students
- B43 Students
- NG37 Students
- B37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Jennings County High School Reviews
The teachers tend to be nice. They work with the students to ensure that they are understanding the material. If there are any questions, they always help the students. They are constantly working to make school more interactive and engaging for the students and work to help meet the requirements of their students.
I love that the students and teachers can build a strong relationship and they do so many important things in our lives and we learn various life experiences through them. In our school everyone is very close with one another. Especially at homecoming all the classes come together to make it one big fun event. The memories I have made there will never be forgotten because the best moments in my life have happened in my small high school. One thing I do not like is that not all the students there appreciate what we have there in the small community that we live in. People complain a lot about Jennings County having drugs and being a bad place to grow up and go to school but in the future everyone will realize how much Jennings County High School has really improved our lives.
Jennings County High School has so much to offer. With a wide range of dual credit classes and amazing counselors, students have the opportunity to be as prepared for college as possible. Students can easily get involved with school activities and parents can as well. The teachers are amazing and go above and beyond for their students. I couldn't have picked a better high school.