Jenkintown Middle/High School is a highly rated, public school located in Jenkintown, PA. It has 282 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Jenkintown Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-30 Students
- A+27 Students
- A-20 Students
- A+14 Students
- A14 Students
- B-8 Students
- A+8 Students
- A8 Students
- B+8 Students
- B7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Jenkintown Middle/High School
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Jenkintown Middle/High School
- ASpringfield High School
- Springfield School District, PA
- 224 reviews
- A-Neshaminy High School
- Neshaminy School District, PA
- 419 reviews
- A-Hatboro-Horsham Senior High School
- Hatboro-Horsham School District, PA
- 230 reviews
- APennsbury High School
- Pennsbury School District, PA
- 550 reviews
Jenkintown Middle/High School Reviews
Jenkintown high school is criminally underrated in the Niche rankings. Because of the small size, the educational environment superior to that of many high schools ranked higher on this list. My friends from neighboring, high ranking schools wish they had what we did. Classes are small, so teachers can engage students individually. Where Jenkintown truly shines though is in its holistic regard of its students. Most rich suburban high schools like Jenkintown only care about their top students and leaves the bottom to the birds. However, at Jenkintown, everyone is treated well. Everyone is expected to give high effort and it is known that strengths vary. Because of this, kids never skip school and the environment in standard level courses are the same educationally conductive ones found in AP classes.
I've gone to Jenkintown my whole life and it has always been a safe and educational environment. If you start in Kindergarten, you are with the same people for the rest of your time attending the school (until graduation). Very close knit community of students.
I have received an amazing education. The community is positive, but there are some deep-rooted issues that need to be solved.