Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Jenison High School is a highly rated, public school located in Jenison, MI. It has 1,402 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Jenison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+382 Students
- A259 Students
- A+200 Students
- B+164 Students
- B139 Students
- B-136 Students
- C+127 Students
- C+73 Students
- A-69 Students
- A-67 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like Jenison High School
- C+Jenison International Academy
- Online School
- Jenison Public Schools, MI
- 14 reviews
- A-Zeeland East High School
- Zeeland Public Schools, MI
- 223 reviews
- A-Hudsonville High School
- Hudsonville Public School District, MI
- 311 reviews
- BCoopersville High School
- Coopersville Area Public School District, MI
- 270 reviews
Jenison High School Reviews
High-caliber high school in west Michigan. Provides great classes and electives, and has truly amazing arts, music, and theater programs! I spent my middle school and Freshman years at a different district, and I sincerely wish I had been at Jenison sooner.
Jenison takes academics very seriously and the music/theatre program is astonishing! However, the way the administration handles student issues is not very effective or beneficial to the school. They are very on and off about how seriously they take our dress code and hardly believe that we can take care of ourselves as growing adults. Misbehaving students constantly get away with their antics, and students who make one small accident/misunderstanding get harsh consequences despite the fact that they did nothing wrong. But other than that, they keep us occupied with clubs and activities, which makes the whole experience more lighthearted.
Jenison High School is a typical small-town school where everybody knows everybody. I have found that I connect with almost all of the teachers. Most of the teachers have been teaching at Jenison for decades, so they have all the skills and tips you need to be successful. Jenison has a very high graduation rate and teachers are dedicated to seeing their students succeed. The counselors are extremely helpful and will answer any question you have. My four years at JHS have been memorable and it will be bittersweet to walk the halls for the last time in May.