Jenison High School is a highly rated, public school located in Jenison, MI. It has 1,400 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Jenison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+338 Students
- A224 Students
- A+175 Students
- B+150 Students
- B123 Students
- B121 Students
- C+117 Students
- C+68 Students
- A-60 Students
- A-56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Jenison High School
- C+Jenison International Academy
- Jenison Public Schools, MI
- 12 reviews
- A-Zeeland East High School
- Zeeland Public Schools, MI
- 214 reviews
- A-Hudsonville High School
- Hudsonville Public School District, MI
- 293 reviews
- BCoopersville High School
- Coopersville Area Public School District, MI
- 261 reviews
Jenison High School Reviews
Jenison takes academics very seriously and the music/theatre program is astonishing! However, the way the administration handles student issues is not very effective or beneficial to the school. They are very on and off about how seriously they take our dress code and hardly believe that we can take care of ourselves as growing adults. Misbehaving students constantly get away with their antics, and students who make one small accident/misunderstanding get harsh consequences despite the fact that they did nothing wrong. But other than that, they keep us occupied with clubs and activities, which makes the whole experience more lighthearted.
I have gone to Jenison schools for all of my educational life, and it was wonderful. In high school specifically, I felt very welcomed and safe, and it was a warm and happy environment. The school works hard to make sure everybody feels like they have a place in that school, such as in our amazing music and theater programs, our multiple art classes, and countless active clubs. The Jenison High School experience was one to remember! If I were to change one thing, I would wish for more diversity, almost the entire student body and staff is white.
Jenison High School is a very successful and put together school. While they are not perfect, they know how to educate and help students succeed. The staff are incredible. They are kind, creative, and adaptive. The teachers here are more than capable of preparing you for your future, that is if you put in the effort as well. Jenison offers a wide variety of courses that lets the students explore different fields they could pursue. It also helps to develope interests. In terms of diversity, Jenison is lacking a bit. Its student body and staff are mainly white. Few African-Americans and Hispanics are sprinkled throughout the grade levels. This is a bit unfortunate since it does hinder the worldly experience students should be experiencing earlier in life. While I do think Jenison High School needs some work on diversity and some progressiveness in other areas, I'm glad I could have the opportunity of going to a school that could help to get me where I need to be.