Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Jefferson West High School is an above average, public school located in Meriden, KS. It has 280 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Jefferson West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-51 Students
- B51 Students
- A50 Students
- B32 Students
- B24 Students
- B24 Students
- C+16 Students
- B-16 Students
- B+13 Students
- C+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Jefferson West High School
- BPerry-Lecompton High School
- Perry Public Schools, KS
- 87 reviews
- BShawnee Heights High School
- Shawnee Heights Unified School District, KS
- 197 reviews
- A-Seaman High School
- Seaman Unified School District, KS
- 193 reviews
- B+Valley Falls High School
- Valley Falls Unified School District, KS
- 21 reviews
Jefferson West High School Reviews
The teachers are amazing and very helpful! It’s a family atmosphere and a wonderful student body. This school offers many rigorous classes along with many college credit classes. The sports and school pride is something to cherish as well. This school has pristine sports facilities to play on.
The teachers really try to work around students and their busy schedules! Every teacher is involved in the school's sports teams and are overall super supportive.
The teachers truly want what is best for their students and will work with them to make sure they are successful. The students are nice as well, it is a small town school so everybody knows everybody. However, I would like more extracurricular classes offered.