Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Jefferson Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Bloomington, MN. It has 1,646 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Jefferson Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A409 Students
- grade A+148 Students
- grade A132 Students
- grade B+105 Students
- grade A90 Students
- grade B minus84 Students
- grade A78 Students
- grade B77 Students
- grade A63 Students
- grade B+56 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 37 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 96 responses
- Diversity Day18%
- TJ Coffeehouse every other Friday14%
- Homecoming and all the great teachers13%
- First day pep fest10%
- Man Pageant7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,955 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 54 responses
Schools like Jefferson Senior High School
- grade BKennedy Senior High School
- Bloomington Public School District, MN
- Rating 3.41 out of 5 233 reviews
- grade A minusSt. Anthony Village Senior High School
- St. Anthony-New Brighton Independent School District, MN
- Rating 3.59 out of 5 103 reviews
- grade A minusSt. Louis Park Senior High School
- St. Louis Park Public School District, MN
- Rating 3.52 out of 5 251 reviews
- grade APrior Lake High School
- Prior Lake-Savage Area Schools, MN
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 391 reviews
Jefferson Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.42 out of 5 367 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I had a pretty good experience at Jefferson. I liked the teachers that I had, especially the math teachers. The had a good math department with teachers that were interesting in what they taught. The science department had nice teachers but I had difficulty learning in the 4 years I had science classes. But overall my experience with teachers were well. The school building was nice, with good furniture and equipment. Great College & Career program. Clubs and sports were average. In terms of diversity, it was not the best. I am southern Asian, who took AP and honor classes which consisted with mostly white students, maybe 1-2 people of color, sometimes I am the only one. I did have difficulty fitting in with my peers as I am an immigrant as well, so our experiences were different. Despite going to a predominantly white school, most of my friends were people of color, but I never faced any racism and my white peers were friendly, I just did not have much in common.
Overall, I had a great time at Jefferson but I really don't miss it. The teachers/administration/faculty are awesome, peers were awesome, but the school itself was just ugly. Due to it looking so bad always made me embarrassed to say I went to Jefferson. Despite that, I loved my time at Jefferson and am still in touch with some of the teachers!
Overall, I had a pretty good experience at Jefferson High School. The teachers were all extremely kind and fair. If you needed help with homework, they were all willing to help. If you were having troubles learning from a specific teacher, you could ask for another teacher to explain it or if you needed another teacher, transferring to another class is pretty simple. The majority of students were kind and accepting of everyone. Clubs and Sports were all run by great teachers and coaches who are always very supportive. There is also a large variety of clubs, and if there's one you want that isn't there, it's very easy to create it.