Jefferson High School is a public school located in Shenandoah Junction, WV. It has 1,484 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Jefferson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-307 Students
- B-284 Students
- B-130 Students
- C+76 Students
- C+73 Students
- B-51 Students
- B-43 Students
- C35 Students
- A+35 Students
- A-34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 64 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Jefferson High School
- BWashington High School
- Jefferson County Schools, WV
- 201 reviews
- B-Musselman High School
- Berkeley County Schools, WV
- 269 reviews
- BSpring Mills High School
- Berkeley County Schools, WV
- 86 reviews
- B-Williamsport High School
- Washington County Public Schools, MD
- 99 reviews
Jefferson High School Reviews
I attended Jefferson High School for 4years. Their band program is well known for being probably the best in the area, including Virginia and Maryland. The teachers that I had in my 4 years, were dedicated and wanted to see me succeed. They offer help if you need it and there are lots of extracurricular clubs to join if you choose. They also have a variety of sports programs offered. Some things that could be improved are maintenance of the school and more vigilance of the students. Many students are still able to smoke and take drugs in the bathroom and other areas where there is no monitoring. The school also does not treat all sports programs equally which is unfair to the athletes. Some programs are provided transportation, while other sports programs they expect parents to transport. But for the most part, I would say Jefferson High school was a very good experience and I was prepared for college when I graduated from there
Jefferson High School is overall, a great school. The faculty and staff are kind and engaged. They strive to get students interested in education and the community. The music program is amazing. I've had a great time working with so many talented people and an instructor who loves his job. I'm also involved with the school's theatre program. It's filled with so many passionate students, and it has given me many opportunities. It has helped me grow as a person. The teachers are great. I only wish we could have more academic opportunities available. The classes are limited, but it's hard to get more because West Virginia has relatively low funding. In t he end, it's still a great school with staff that care about the students.
Jefferson High School is a decent school and there's nothing really outstanding about it. Some teachers are truly mediocre if you take normal classes. But if you take some of the ap classes that are offered here, there are some teachers that are extremely passionate about helping their students succeed. While the education aspect of the school is kind of lacking, the general experience is fun. There is a one hour lunch period which is quite unique. It provides students a time to catch up on homework, study and socialize.