Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Jefferson High School is an above average, public school located in Jefferson, WI. It has 627 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Jefferson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+75 Students
- grade B49 Students
- grade B32 Students
- grade B30 Students
- grade C+29 Students
- grade A minus28 Students
- grade A21 Students
- grade B minus19 Students
- grade A minus18 Students
- grade B17 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- Pep rallies, lunch, tech ed classes25%
- Community Night for Girls Basketball17%
- Soaring To Service (Volunteer Day)17%
- Spirit Week17%
- Pep rallies8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,902 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like Jefferson High School
- grade BWatertown High School
- Watertown Unified School District, WI
- Rating 3.76 out of 5 83 reviews
- grade B+Lake Mills High School
- Lake Mills Area School District, WI
- Rating 3.24 out of 5 29 reviews
- grade BWaterloo High School
- Waterloo School District, WI
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 44 reviews
- grade C+Deerfield High School
- Deerfield Community School District, WI
- Rating 3.42 out of 5 36 reviews
Jefferson High School Reviews
Rating 3.49 out of 5 61 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
What I like about Jefferson High School is that they have various clubs for helping others! They have lots of sports to and all the teachers in this school are all helpful and will understand you. They will help you if you struggle on something! They all help you prepare for college and even have one on one with you and the guidance counselor on where you want to go for college and what you want to be! Something I want to change is, actually nothing the whole school is a great opportunity for anyone to join! Everyone is very caring and will be friends with you. They're marching band is really good and my favorite thing to do besides sports. I love this school and I can't wait to finish at Jefferson HIgh School! Go Eagles!
As a Junior at JHS, I’d say I know the environment well. There’s always room for improvement. Academically, everything is great. I wish there were more foreign languages than just Spanish and Latin, but otherwise clubs and everything else is great.
The teachers genuinely care about their students and the learning environment is very positive. There are many opportunities for student involvement through clubs, volunteer work, sports, and other extra curricular activities.