Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Jefferson High School is an above average, public school located in Jefferson, TX. It has 374 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Jefferson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+50 Students
- grade B42 Students
- grade A39 Students
- grade A+38 Students
- grade B+29 Students
- grade A minus25 Students
- grade C23 Students
- grade B20 Students
- grade B minus19 Students
- grade C+17 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 7 responses
- Homecoming bonfire43%
- Pep rallys29%
- Senior pep rally29%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,478 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Schools like Jefferson High School
- grade BLinden-Kildare High School
- Linden-Kildare Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 52 reviews
- grade B minusAvinger School
- Avinger Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- Rating 4 out of 5 1 review
- grade BHarleton High School
- Harleton Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.53 out of 5 30 reviews
- grade CMarshall High School
- Marshall Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.09 out of 5 171 reviews
Jefferson High School Reviews
Rating 3.48 out of 5 40 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Jefferson High School is an excellent school to get an education from. The teachers are very caring and patience. The school environment safety free. The school is kept clean in an excellent condition. There is a cleaning crew that work around the clock to keep the school clean and safe. Especially, since Covid-19. The school leaders really pull together to keep the employees and the student safe through this time. They took many precautions to keep us safe. I believe that what really I admire about Jefferson High School. When an emergency came up, the staff didn't panic, but they came together with clear communication. They put the safety of the student first. That is something that I will always cherish, in my heart. Sometime you never know how someone would react to situation until they are face with a situation. Jefferson High School made me pride to be a bulldog. In the near future I would love to give back to this school. Rather it is in material gift or just me giving time.
Many students don't like highschool due to not finding out who they are and what they would like to be. At Jefferson High School We have many people on staff to help brighten your future. Don't know what career field you would like to go? Well take a trip down our school counsel. There are school counselor will find a pathway that fits your personality, skills, and likings. There are many options to find out what fits you exzactly. At Jefferson High School I am a student athlete that runs track and cross-country. We have an amazing athletics program that will get you ready for pro-ball. The extracurricular activities are great, but school would not be school without phenomenal teachers behind you cheering you on. I am an all A student all because of the amazing group of teachers behind my back. They will teach you thoroughly. Son thoroughly that a baby could understaand. Overall Jefferson High School is anamazing school. I couldn't image me completeing high school anywhere else.
I liked going to school here because of the friends I made, but I hated that only the peoples children who had money would be listened to and all other complaints would be left out. Good people lost their job because they only took the words of others instead of actually trying to listen to people who cared about the programs.