Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Jefferson High School is a public school located in Jefferson, OR. It has 259 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Jefferson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C83 Students
- grade A minus82 Students
- grade A minus53 Students
- grade B minus51 Students
- grade B minus40 Students
- grade B31 Students
- grade B+23 Students
- grade A minus20 Students
- grade B18 Students
- grade unavailable13 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responses
- Cross Country7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,697 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Jefferson High School
- grade BSouth Albany High School
- Greater Albany Public School District, OR
- Rating 3.76 out of 5 233 reviews
- grade C+North Salem High School
- Salem-Keizer School District, OR
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 234 reviews
- grade C+Central High School
- Central School District, OR
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 133 reviews
- grade BCascade Senior High School
- Cascade School District, OR
- Rating 3.62 out of 5 99 reviews
Jefferson High School Reviews
Rating 3.41 out of 5 37 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Jefferson High School is a small school within a small community. My school is good at being united as a group, it feels good to be in a relatively comfortable setting where you know most people around you. In my experience being in a small high school also makes it a little bit easier to be involved in my own community and create good relationships. What I think that my school could do better at however is helping us students to see the world outside of Jefferson. Other schools offer a lot more than mine does, within sports and other involvements. Sometimes things are too regular and dim and I think our school needs more opportunity and excitement. My school needs to become more focused on motivating us students.
I love the small school environment! All the teachers do everything in their power to watch us succeed, the community is kind, and its overall a great place to go to school.
The things I like about Jefferson High School Is that it is a very good school where teachers pay attention to their students and have a passion to be able to teach them and take there own time to be able to teach them other things that they need to know about their life after High School. The things that I would like to see a change the roof of the school buildings and also the leaking of the roofs, the bathrooms and other things like the kitchen and water fountains.