Jefferson High School is a highly rated, public school located in Jefferson, GA. It has 1,071 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Jefferson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+203 Students
- B117 Students
- B+74 Students
- B69 Students
- B+60 Students
- A-55 Students
- NG50 Students
- B47 Students
- A+46 Students
- B-40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Jefferson High School
- B+Clarke Central High School
- Clarke County Schools, GA
- 179 reviews
- BJackson County High School
- Jackson County Schools, GA
- 130 reviews
- B-Commerce High School
- Commerce City Schools, GA
- 69 reviews
- AMill Creek High School
- Gwinnett County Public Schools, GA
- 1,089 reviews
Jefferson High School Reviews
Jefferson High school is a great school! They take great pride in Academics as well as sports, and there are many opportunities that can be taken advantage of to build character. The teachers are wonderful and truly care to help students that may struggle and make sure that no one is left behind. Students take great pride in the school events and are always representing the school in red white and blue! Everyone in the administration is nice and they always there guide students when needed. As a senior, Jefferson High School has overall been a great experience and I would not want to go to another High School over it. With all the memories I have made at Jefferson High School, I would not change a thing!
Some of the best aspects about Jefferson High School in Jefferson, Georgia are their teachers and and sports. Two things I'd like to see change at the school are more security and more academic options. I wish the school had metal detectors and an on campus police officer. The school doesn't offer many AP options. Most high schools have AP World History, AP Pre-Calc, AP Adavanced Algebra, AP ELA 11, etc. The diversity at the school lacks with an 79% white student proportion. One thing the school could do to address it is the $1000 Out-Of-School tuition which could defer some families who can't afford to live in the Jefferson City Schools vicinity. Their is a link between minorities and low-income leading to them not being able to live in Jefferson or pay the high tuition rate for one or more kids. The school has a few good things and poor things, but could use major improvements in a lot of areas.
School has Block semester course schedule which prepares students for college. School hasn't fixed main bathrooms for years, despite constant requests for it and yet had a Arena (Enormous separate gymnasium with a new weight room and a classroom) built recently. Good academics and teachers mostly, but school does not push/assist students for their college/after high school career enough or other programs like Dual Enrollment(MOWR). School is pretty big on sports like football and wrestling. Offers AP courses, but students must pay for the AP exam. Overall best school in the area, but could be improved in many areas like focus on students' future after high school.