Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Jefferson High School is a highly rated, public school located in Jefferson, GA. It has 1,134 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Jefferson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+285 Students
- B161 Students
- B+101 Students
- B91 Students
- B86 Students
- B+70 Students
- NG69 Students
- B68 Students
- A+62 Students
- A+48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Jefferson High School
- B+Clarke Central High School
- Clarke County Schools, GA
- 204 reviews
- B+Jackson County High School
- Jackson County Schools, GA
- 142 reviews
- BCommerce High School
- Commerce City Schools, GA
- 73 reviews
- A+Mill Creek High School
- Gwinnett County Public Schools, GA
- 1,213 reviews
Jefferson High School Reviews
Jefferson High School is a great school with amazing staff! Your teachers want to help you succeed in everything you do, and they provide many opportunities to do so. Students at Jefferson typically love the school and the atmosphere. I am fortunate to have been a Dragon for my high school years, and I am going to miss this school. However, I have a lot of happy memories from my time here that I can carry with me the rest of my life.
Jefferson High school is a great school! They take great pride in Academics as well as sports, and there are many opportunities that can be taken advantage of to build character. The teachers are wonderful and truly care to help students that may struggle and make sure that no one is left behind. Students take great pride in the school events and are always representing the school in red white and blue! Everyone in the administration is nice and they always there guide students when needed. As a senior, Jefferson High School has overall been a great experience and I would not want to go to another High School over it. With all the memories I have made at Jefferson High School, I would not change a thing!
Some teachers genuinely cared about your success in school and future and they went the extra mile to help you even. They'd tell you about different opportunities in the community, about scholarships and offered help where ever they could. The school itself needed improvements, however I feel (most) teachers did the best they could with the resources they had. I rated the school three stars because, all though the teachers where great, opportunities in the school compared to those in the city where slim. Also, student lunch could use some help and with gang activity throughout the towns causing frequent fights, one could argue it was not the safest high school.