Jefferson High School is an above average, public school located in Festus, MO. It has 288 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Jefferson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-48 Students
- A-37 Students
- C+36 Students
- B36 Students
- A26 Students
- B+24 Students
- A+22 Students
- B19 Students
- B+16 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Jefferson High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Jefferson High School
- BWindsor High School
- Windsor C-I School District, MO
- 61 reviews
- B-Hillsboro High School
- Hillsboro R-III School District, MO
- 113 reviews
- A-Festus Senior High School
- Festus R-VI School District, MO
- 61 reviews
- BWaterloo High School
- Waterloo Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 119 reviews
Jefferson High School Reviews
Jefferson High School's teachers care about your grades and are willing to help you improve them if you are struggling. Jefferson High School also encourages students to score high on the ACT by providing numerous resources and even a free ACT each spring to Juniors. Bullying is not tolerated at all by any of the faculty members. The art classes are amazing, but the paint provided by the school is of poor quality. The art department needs more funding to provide better supplies to its students. The school's culture is definitely that of a small school and your teachers know your name.
The Jefferson HIgh school response and readiness during the COVID-19 crisis says it all about Jefferson R-7. They have enabled 87% of the students to continue learning online through school issued Chromebooks, and the remainder of the students will have textbooks and assignments delivered to them. All students will be able to complete the school year.
This is a rather good school. As far as smalltown country schools go, this is one of the best you're going to get. I personally enjoy the community and the people I go to school with, and while the academics may be slightly lacking for me, that's a common problem for small schools with a limited number of honors kids. The staff and administration are some of the nicest people you will ever meet, the food is amazing, our athletics are insane and it's one of the safest schools you'll find. Truly a good place.