Jefferson Davis High School is a public school located in Montgomery, AL. It has 1,884 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 1% of students are at least proficient in math and 13% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+154 Students
- B146 Students
- A114 Students
- B-112 Students
- A111 Students
- A111 Students
- C-103 Students
- B84 Students
- B-82 Students
- B42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Jefferson Davis High School Reviews
I graduated from Jefferson Davis in 2009. I love the teachers. Every teacher I had cared about their students and their success. There wasn’t any bulling. People hung in their own clicks and didn’t really bother each other. Of course there were fights but I never heard of anyone being bullied. Jefferson Davis is a mostly African American school. What I dislike the most is the schools name and its mascot. It is named after a confederate soldier, and the mascot is a volunteer( it looks like a confederate horseman.. except he is wearing green and gold). It’s very disrespectful to what this country is supposed to represent to celebrate confederate soldiers and praise them in that way.
Jefferson Davis High School teachers and guidence counselors are not supportive at all. The guidence counselors were not involved with us in any type of way. The teachers barly taught. If I couldn’t change anything about this school, I would change the support system. I would constantly help students prepare for college. I would put organizations together to help students get better grades. I would get the counselors more involved with the kids. I would make Jefferson Davis High School a 5 star amazing school.
the school had good teacher and administration but there are some issue. I wish our safe should be taking more serious. the officers are lack at that the job and the school should have some serious consequences. The disciple for the student should be more take lightly. From the past years, the disorder of student have only increase and cause more dangerous issue toward other include and my sister. The teacher are good instructor but only few. Some can to provide and teach education, while other come from the paycheck. And also, those who only have a degree for teaching should be teacher not athlete coaches. Student be given a high quality of education because are the leader of future. We can’t success with item we now. So in conclusion i feel that the school turn around, and give some to be excited about.