Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C114 Students
- B114 Students
- B-94 Students
- A92 Students
- A90 Students
- A83 Students
- C78 Students
- B69 Students
- B-57 Students
- B30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Jefferson Davis High School Reviews
Review Jefferson Davis High School
Over the four years I spent at JDHS, I enjoyed the teachers such as Mrs. Timmons, Mrs. Dees, Mrs. Parham, and Ms. Bolden. They set high expectations for me, which really challenged me academically and also tested my character. I love the way they taught us because they applied everything we learned to real life situations. I didn't too much care for the administration staff but Mr. Bobby Abrams is a great principal. He always gave us encouraging words and made as laugh and smile.
I been attending Jefferson Davis High School or "JD" , since my sophomore year (2014-15) and now as a senior preparing to graduate, my experience at this school was bitter sweet. Every school is not perfect, so there will always be some downfalls no matter where you attend. The teacher, parents, administration & staff are all supportive in their own way. They want us to be successful in life so they push us, lecture us & motivate us until we can get the BIG picture , we are all champions.
Athletics and fitness are very important at Jefferson Davis High School! we have many sports and a excellent band. This year our girls basketball team were the State Champions of the 6A schools. Last school year (2014) our boys basketball team made it to the play offs. At every football game our band performs which I'm apart of! At every game of all sports at least 50% of the student body will participate if not more not including scouts, recruiters and family.